search for $600.00 chicken coop more or less

Broody hen

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 29, 2012
Yesterday I saw pictures from start to finish of a coop that was said to have cost $600.00 give or take a 100, to build. I loved it but didn't save it to my computer. Today, I can't find it. If you know which one I'm talking about please tell me how to locate it. Thanks

If you could give some details like the size or how many birds it holds that would be helpful. In the mean time you might check out "Chicken Coops for Dummies". There is a great 4x4 coop in it that would cost you $300 without a run.

My 12x20 coop cost around $800 to build. I could have probably knocked 100 off that if I would have went to a few different places to get material but I just used one. My coop has a dirt floor with a hardware cloth Apron. I will add a few more windows this spring/summer but otherwise it just needs a coat of paint if we ever get around to it! I have pictures on my Signature.

Nate

My coop cost me about $600.00 start to finsh. I did get the board and baton Siding for free from local saw mill, I don't believe it costs much though if you had to buy it.

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up having my son build a 16' x 16' pen attached to an 8 x12 barn shaped shed I had to have moved from my other property. Believe me......$600.00 is laughable. Son Jason thought I had to build it to last a lifetime and be preditor proof and it is!!! My chickens now live in the lap of luxury and they are loving it. I got them March 16 as day olds and haven't had any eggs yet but when I do they better be golden. I love my babies. Even as much as they have cost me so far I count it as cheap entertainment. I could sit and watch them all day. I've been on vacation all week and I've spent more time in front of the chicken pen than I have in the house. (couldn't afford to go anywhere else) ; )
yippiechickie.gif
But a $600.00 pen didn't happen for me.

Back
Top Bottom