Solved Search sucks

Pics

Sherol

Songster
Apr 7, 2015
San Antonio Tx
Why is it so impossible to find what it is I am actually looking for? I did a recent search for "pt fees" and have 354 posts.. most having to do with "feed". This is not the only time I have tried to find something and I get all kinds of posts not related to what I was searching for. I loved this place for useful information and have done many searches in the past that resulted in great information. At this point I spend way too much time searching and get nothing. This place has ceased to be the resource it should be. Please adjust the searching algorithms or post how one should search to get a desired result. I sure as heck do not need a gazillion posts that say "feed" instead of "fee."

Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 12.36.27 PM.png

No KikisGirls. Texas is going to training people to do the testing and I am wanting info on what people in other states doing the same thing are charging. Aside from this search.. I have yet to have any search I have done give meaningful results. It gives me tons of what I don't need.. like giving feed instead of fee. I would prefer no search results found than hundreds of things with no relevancy to what I am looking for. I have also tried the advance search and again, I get a ton of stuff I am not interested in. The last few times I have cone her for more info I have left frustrated beyond belief because of the junk that comes up in the searches.

No KikisGirls. Texas is going to training people to do the testing and I am wanting info on what people in other states doing the same thing are charging. Aside from this search.. I have yet to have any search I have done give meaningful results. It gives me tons of what I don't need.. like giving feed instead of fee. I would prefer no search results found than hundreds of things with no relevancy to what I am looking for. I have also tried the advance search and again, I get a ton of stuff I am not interested in. The last few times I have cone her for more info I have left frustrated beyond belief because of the junk that comes up in the searches.

I am aware of our (Texas) rules changing.
Unfortunately BYC doesn't have answers to everything, you will probably have less stress by contacting the state directly:

979.845.3414 | [email protected]

Another suggestion is to use Google to search the site. Go to google and in the search bar type "backyardchickens.com: PT Fees" . The first results will be only from this website. I just did it and the results have nothing to do with feeds, but rather pullorum-typhoid test. Bout 5 threads.

Otherwise be more specific with your search and don't abbreviate words. I think your frustrations are because the search function is to powerful. It's pulling results from what it thinks you are looking for and letter combinations. Sometimes being to good is also a burden.

We currently have two search options.

The "default search": https://www.backyardchickens.com/search/

and a recent upgrade we're testing: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threadloom/search

I do a search in quotes using the new search (to avoid the spell-checking change of fees to feed) and get this: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threadloom/search?query="pt fees"&tab=618

The only results I get are this thread.

If I use Google search: No results found for site:backyardchickens.com "pt fees".

Back
Top Bottom