Searching for Broad breasted turkey hatching eggs

Welllaidacres

In the Brooder
Jan 2, 2020
Eastern Illinois
My Coop
My Coop
I'm located in Illinois and am looking for a half dozen BB turkey eggs. Please let me know if you have some or know where I may be able to get some close to eastern Illinois.

EggSighted4Life

Crossing the Road
Apr 9, 2016
California's Redwood Coast
I'm located in Illinois and am looking for a half dozen BB turkey eggs. Please let me know if you have some or know where I may be able to get some close to eastern Illinois.
Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

As far as I know BB turkeys are really not capable of reproducing naturally and are artificially inseminated at the hatcheries.

I would be truly shocked if you were able to find some locally, and highly suggest IF you want BB turkeys... start looking at ordering from a hatchery or find out if your local feed store (LFS) is going to be bringing any in. Maybe check your local cragslist farm and garden section also.

I raised a couple BBW and some heritage last year... there growth rate was astonishing and it was a lot fun. They are such different birds than chickens. My friend raised some broad breasted Bronze, and they were certainly beautiful. :)

I do wish you the best in your adventure and hope you find what you are looking for! :wee

Welllaidacres

In the Brooder
Jan 2, 2020
Eastern Illinois
My Coop
My Coop
I am aware that they are AI’d. The hatcheries I’ve found online either have a minimum order of 15 or they will ship you less, but charge you $40 or so to ship. That makes the few birds I want rather expensive. This is a hobby but I’d rather stay close to breaking even on them. No way I could be close to profitable with that expense. I am looking for only 4 or so live turkeys as I would like to have a few for our Thanksgiving get togethers as well as a few to sell. Our local feed co-op does not order chicks. The local farm store does, but they only bring in chickens, not other poultry. I am just looking for an outlet to get them. I would drive a couple hours if needed. I just don’t want to pay more for shipping than the birds are worth ha.

Top Bottom