Sears Roebuck incubator anyone use one ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Johnboat, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Johnboat

Johnboat Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2009
    Hello this is my first post. I just got a large Sears Roebuck & Co. round metal incubator from my uncle. He had used it very little for quail eggs. It holds over 100 hen eggs. I just set 9.5 dz in it the other day. Anyone run one ? Pros cons, thing to watch out for ? It does seem to hold temp very well. Thanks in advice.

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    [​IMG]

I dont know anything about that bator but I wanted to say hello and I am shure someone will know something there are alot of very helpfull people here.[​IMG]:weee

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Darn! I thought You were using a farm master sears roebuck lol! Im sorry I know nothing about that one but I have the cabinet one that holds 400 eggies. I love it and it hatches wonderfully so i am sure that one will do the same! good luck with it! [​IMG]

4. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    I have used one many years ago..

It has a metal pan, like a pie pan, for water with a wire screen over top of it?? you have to turn eggs by hand..

those things just never wear out..

you should get a good hatch % from it..

you might have to replace the wafer once in awhile.. as they start to wear out the temp will
    fluctuate more and more..

5. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    They are great. I used one of them as kid and always had great hatches from it. I wish I could find one now. The only draw back is they dont have a turner in them. ................have fun with it........

6. Johnboat

Johnboat Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2009
    It has a metal pan, like a pie pan, for water with a wire screen over top of it??

Thats the one.

Thanks everyone !

7. ND Sue

ND Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2009
    ND
    Hi! I found this old posting. I'm wondering if you tried out your Sears and Roebuck incubator and how it worked? I also have one and have been just having it sit in the garage. I'm thinking of selling it. Does anyone know what they are worth? Johnboat, what did you pay for yours if you don't mind saying? You could message me! I have been looking and don't see any others for sale to go by! Thanks so much!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by