Sears Roebuck incubator anyone use one ?

Johnboat

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Hello this is my first post. I just got a large Sears Roebuck & Co. round metal incubator from my uncle. He had used it very little for quail eggs. It holds over 100 hen eggs. I just set 9.5 dz in it the other day. Anyone run one ? Pros cons, thing to watch out for ? It does seem to hold temp very well. Thanks in advice.

welcome-byc.gif

I dont know anything about that bator but I wanted to say hello and I am shure someone will know something there are alot of very helpfull people here.
wee.gif
:weee

Darn! I thought You were using a farm master sears roebuck lol! Im sorry I know nothing about that one but I have the cabinet one that holds 400 eggies. I love it and it hatches wonderfully so i am sure that one will do the same! good luck with it!
big_smile.png

I have used one many years ago..

It has a metal pan, like a pie pan, for water with a wire screen over top of it?? you have to turn eggs by hand..

those things just never wear out..

you should get a good hatch % from it..

you might have to replace the wafer once in awhile.. as they start to wear out the temp will
fluctuate more and more..

They are great. I used one of them as kid and always had great hatches from it. I wish I could find one now. The only draw back is they dont have a turner in them. ................have fun with it........

It has a metal pan, like a pie pan, for water with a wire screen over top of it??

Thats the one.

Thanks everyone !

Hi! I found this old posting. I'm wondering if you tried out your Sears and Roebuck incubator and how it worked? I also have one and have been just having it sit in the garage. I'm thinking of selling it. Does anyone know what they are worth? Johnboat, what did you pay for yours if you don't mind saying? You could message me! I have been looking and don't see any others for sale to go by! Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom