Sebastopol geese - selecting breeding stock, color genetics, and color improvement

They head is very flat and I personally don't like it. The neck can change as she matures - it could get thicker. I don't judge necks until fall.

She is lacking breast curl.

Hey everyone! I'm so glad I found this thread! I have been thinking about getting some Sebastopol goslings next year. My favorite color is buff and my second is grey, especially the saddlebacks. Does anyone know where is the best place to order goslings from? I have heard a lot about Dave Holderread but I cannot find anything about his sebastopol geese on his website.

I raise quality Sebatopol's. I am in Missouri. I do have a teen age Grey at this time.

Hello Sebestapol lovers.
I am new at this, so I hope it arrives somewhere that others will read.
I only succeeded in hatching out 1 of 2 eggs.
She/he is 2 months old. When and how can I tell if it is a goose or gander?
Also, when do their feathers start to curl? Or do some stay straight?
Thanks

Hello Cottage Rose, I've read a few of your posts and decided you would have the answer to most any question I might have.
I ended up with only 1 gosling that hatched out. She/he is 2 months old. I am wondering how and when I will be able to tell its sex. Also, when their feathers fluff out?
seabass

I am just buying my first group of Sebastopol geese
Can you tell me what you think? I am also wanting to add some Lavenders and Blues to this group.

Attachments

• gandersabbie.png
    gandersabbie.png
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • goosesabbie.png
    goosesabbie.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • sebastopol.png
    sebastopol.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom