Sebastopol geese - selecting breeding stock, color genetics, and color improvement

Thank you kind Miss Lydia. I'm not sure what the future holds but if we are to ever travel or spend some time in Florida during the winter months I think all but the dogs will have to go. Sad to think about but we're entering a new chapter of our lives. Old and Florida bound. Lol
wink.png
I was born and raised in Florida it doesn't hold much appeal for me. I can understand why warmer weather does though as I look out the window at snow and ice.
roll.png

Retirement is wonderful though. I hope you both enjoy it to the fullest.

I am cutting back on my flock, though it's happening naturally losing my Muscovy's to old age. I know one day I'll probably have to give it all up but I sure hope it is way off in the future.

Yes I don't want to even think about the day I have to sell out. The animals are just so much a part of who I am. I don't know that we'll go to Florida, just somepmace warmer than Michigan for 2 - 3 months. I feel so much better when I can be out in the sunshine, emotionally and physically. So currently working on going from 6 Seb breeding pens to 2 - 3.

Yes I don't want to even think about the day I have to sell out. The animals are just so much a part of who I am. I don't know that we'll go to Florida, just somepmace warmer than Michigan for 2 - 3 months. I feel so much better when I can be out in the sunshine, emotionally and physically. So currently working on going from 6 Seb breeding pens to 2 - 3.
Gosh I am with you I cannot stand being cooped up inside. I have been thinking about Georgia there is some really nice places there. We have friends in St Mary's. Florida is so exploited wall to wall people. at least mid to south Florida anyway. I love living in the mountains especially in the summer we don't even need air conditioning but these long winter days are getting to me. lol

You do what you have too I sure understand.
hugs.gif

Gosh I am with you I cannot stand being cooped up inside. I have been thinking about Georgia there is some really nice places there. We have friends in St Mary's.    Florida is so exploited  wall to wall people.  at least mid to south Florida anyway. I love living in the mountains especially in the summer we don't even need air conditioning but these long winter days are getting to me.  lol

You do what you have too I sure understand. :hugs

How about Tennessee!!!

This is my first season breeding Sebs. I bought a pair from Pips and Peeps last Summer and a pair from Dave Holderread a couple weeks ago. I am so excited! If I post pictures, can I get opinions that are helpful? My Pips and Peeps pair are full curly and white. My Holderread pair are both gray saddlebacks. They aren't curly though. I love the looks of all the colors, personally.

By the way, Jean is awesome to talk to in person as is Dave and Millie.

Back
Top Bottom