Sebastopol geese - selecting breeding stock, color genetics, and color improvement

Pics
Why not just purchase a grey smooth breasted gander and breed to your white female or vise versa.
Here is a very nice grey smooth breasted gander I have and he carries the Buff gene so he is split for buff because he has buff coloring coming through his grey feathers. This fellow is a sweetheart and come right up to you for romaine lettuce and grapes. He is a nicely balance gander as well. This is what you should be looking for. Not other breeds to make mutts.

[COLOR=FF3300]Why not just purchase a grey smooth breasted gander and breed to your white female or vise versa.[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF3300]Here is a very nice grey smooth breasted gander I have and he carries the Buff gene so he is split for buff because he has buff coloring coming through his grey feathers. This fellow is a sweetheart and come right up to you for romaine lettuce and grapes. He is a nicely balance gander as well. This is what you should be looking for. Not other breeds to make mutts.[/COLOR]
He's gorgeous! I don't have any sebbies I have an Embden and a Toulouss, but I was just curious on the coloring but I guess it is impossible to predict mutts even if they're both purebred and you know their color history?

He's gorgeous!
I don't have any sebbies I have an Embden and a Toulouss, but I was just curious on the coloring but I guess it is impossible to predict mutts even if they're both purebred and you know their color history?

You can predict color outcome on hybrids if you know what colors are being them.
Its somewhat basic in how it works.
On the Sebastopol Geese Lovers forum we have a genetics forum which included illustrated color breeding charts which makes it easier to understand.

I'd dare say most of the colored Sebastopol you see at least in serious breeders flocks are not F1 crosses and breed pretty true on colors with occasional mutations.

I got my Embden from a farm that had Embden only geese, he's six months old so I'm assuming his parents were pure Embdens, and my Toulouse is from Cackle hatchery but I guess I could never truly know her genetics. I've always liked the smooth-breasted Sebastopols, but I couldnt find any here, only the ones with the full curls. And I was worried if my goose and a smooth sebbie had goslings they might be fully curled for some reason.

I am wanting to add more colored sebbies. Anyone selling in the upper Midwest(SPEE-DEE Delivery area) please contact me.
Thanks
Amy

I'm hoping to find some hatching eggs from a few different sources, I've already got two in my incubator from one farm here in NY , Glory to God farm. I would like to have 2 or 3 more eggs from a different source, then be able to decide later what id like to keep, I'm not particular about color more so feather and type.
please PM me, thank you
Kate
and Im looking ASAP

I'm hoping to find some hatching eggs from a few different sources, I've already got two in my incubator from one farm here in NY , Glory to God farm. I would like to have 2 or 3 more eggs from a different source, then be able to decide later what id like to keep, I'm not particular about color more so feather and type.
please PM me, thank you
Kate
and Im looking ASAP
You might PM Cottage Rose.

Back
Top Bottom