Sebastopol geese - selecting breeding stock, color genetics, and color improvement

Hello back after a long absence after receiving a email notification on this thread. Sorry I'm no longer offering hatching eggs. Long story short they are too valuable to risk shipping. Even sent special handing boxes were crushed and eggs broken or air cells ruptured on way too many eggs.People seeking hatching eggs can find them on ebay. All is well at Cottage Rose. Still breeding Sebastopols..this will be my 11th year. I will be turning 65 this spring and trying to wind down on breeding and will probably sell out within the next 5 years or when hubby retires, which ever comes first. Also raising Babydoll Southdown sheep. Stop by my website or you can follow me on my page "Cottage Rose Farm" on Facebook. Hope all is well with you folks on BYC. :)

Last edited:
Hello back after a long absence after receiving a email notification on this thread. Sorry I'm no longer offering hatching eggs. Long story short they are too valuable to risk shipping. Even sent special handing boxes were crushed and eggs broken or air cells ruptured on way too many eggs.People seeking hatching eggs can find them on ebay. All is well at Cottage Rose. Still breeding Sebastopols..this will be my 11th year. I will be turning 65 this spring and trying to wind down on breeding and will probably sell out within the next 5 years or when hubby retires, which ever comes first. Also raising Babydoll Southdown sheep. Stop by my website or you can follow me on my page "Cottage Rose Farm" on Facebook. Hope all is well with you folks on BYC. :)
@Cottage Rose So good to see you back CR, I have always loved your Sebbies such gorgeous geese. Are you going to sell out completely or keep a few just to keep? We are retired also but I cannot imagine having to give up my flock they are what keeps me going. I am older than you by the way.
wink.png

@Cottage Rose I have been admiring your geese on your webpage. I am so bummed I do not live closer but rather in Hudson Valley New York. If you are ever this way please let me know! I'd love one of your fluffy babies!
Alas the search continues, the one egg quit on day 16, it was a shipped egg and although the air cell reattached and was saddled I was hopeful it would make it. The replacement egg for the infertile one also appears to be infertile as there is no signs of veining on day 7, just a yolk and a funny highlighted spot that moves with the yolk when the egg is moved...maybe and air cell on the yolk itself? I will crack it open on day 10 if there is still no signs of development and investigate. Just wish so badly there was someone closer, Glory to God farm is where I got these eggs, just less than 3 hour drive...but for more eggs? or maybe i should have her hatch some out and pay the buck...
Thank you

Thank you kind Miss Lydia. I'm not sure what the future holds but if we are to ever travel or spend some time in Florida during the winter months I think all but the dogs will have to go. Sad to think about but we're entering a new chapter of our lives. Old and Florida bound. Lol ;)

Back
Top Bottom