Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Pics
I bid on mine from e-bay but Terri here on BYC is more reasonable and she is here in AR. Hers are $10 an egg with $15 shipping and I paid more than that for both bunches I got from E-bay. Just go to Buy Sell Trade other poultry and you will see her pictures of her Sebbies. Good luck!

I bid on mine from e-bay but Terri here on BYC is more reasonable and she is here in AR. Hers are $10 an egg with $15 shipping and I paid more than that for both bunches I got from E-bay. Just go to Buy Sell Trade other poultry and you will see her pictures of her Sebbies. Good luck!

ok thank you. i just found her.

Just remember you get what you pay for.
old.gif

I have seen alot of birds on here and elsewhere touted as show quality Holderreads birds and they are not even close.

I also have seen some sites that are claiming Holderreads lines with long, skinny necked, snake headed birds on them that tout show wins on colored birds (which are not accepted by the APA).

If you want show potential or quality birds, make sure and read the APA Standard and look at pictures of the parent flock. Do your research!!!!!

Last edited:
Just remember you get what you pay for.
old.gif

I have seen alot of birds on here and elsewhere touted as show quality Holderreads birds and they are not even close.

I also have seen some sites that are claiming Holderreads lines with long, skinny necked, snake headed birds on them that tout show wins on colored birds (which are not accepted by the APA).

If you want show potential or quality birds, make sure and read the APA Standard and look at pictures of the parent flock. Do your research!!!!!
AMEN sister!!!
bow.gif

Quote: AMEN sister!!!
bow.gif
X3, do your research and demand parent stock photos. If buying adults, ask for current photos of them. You really do get what you pay for, there are the off occasions when someone is selling off an entire flock or other issues that will have a quality bird available at a not as high price. However buying eggs to shipped of any species is a gamble, but to buy randomly on a breed such as these is a huge risk. Goslings and older birds might be priced higher than you are use to paying for birds, but when bought from someone who truly loves their birds, and has a game plan for why they are breeding bird x with bird y then you will be happy with your purchase. We are very happy with all of our Sebastopols and those we purchased from. This is a breed well worth researching and enjoying. Anyone who is thinking about the, should join the forum dedicated to Sebastopols to see lots of pictures and learn about these geese. Lots of great helpful people on there talking curls.

Two of my sebbie girls laid their first (that I have found,anyway) eggs today! Its hilarious how they have this sudden admiration for a fresh mound of hay or a ready-made nest. Oooo- for moi?

Back
Top Bottom