Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

I am dying over here! There is a stray goose (Toulouse) that is making googly eyes at our Sebbies! (None of my neighbors have livestock of any kind.) He/she walked across the farm field earlier this morning, but when we went out to catch her, she flew away. And by flew, it was like watching an airbus take off! Just awesome to see and quite unbelievable, as she is humongous! I thought she would be long gone (she kept on flying until way out of sight), but as we let the dogs out a little while ago, low and behold, there she is again... behind our Sebbie fence just having a nice little chat with her fellow geese. I hope they aren't planning an escape together! :D

I am dying over here! There is a stray goose (Toulouse) that is making googly eyes at our Sebbies! (None of my neighbors have livestock of any kind.) He/she walked across the farm field earlier this morning, but when we went out to catch her, she flew away. And by flew, it was like watching an airbus take off! Just awesome to see and quite unbelievable, as she is humongous! I thought she would be long gone (she kept on flying until way out of sight), but as we let the dogs out a little while ago, low and behold, there she is again... behind our Sebbie fence just having a nice little chat with her fellow geese. I hope they aren't planning an escape together! :D

Aww I hope you can get her before a pred does.. maybe put out some feed/corn for her. she does look like she has been eating well. I don't think she'll be able to talk your sebbies into flying off with her
wink.png
maybe watch for a ladder missing though.

I told you all I recently lost three of my precious geese...here is what we caught...........

The first night we set the trap, we caught our wild 'barn' cat...we relocated the cat.

The next night we set the trap again and something wallowed it around and set it off. We went to TSC that morning, and picked up a larger trap. This time we staked them in the ground so they couldn't be moved around.

Third night here is what we caught:

...you are probably wondering what on earth our dog is doing in the trap....

That night I had told one of the little ones to feed Rusty ( the dog), so they took his food out onto the front porch and called him...he always comes ...but this time he didn't. I instantly knew right where he was...sure enough I walked out into the backyard, looked into the goose pen where the traps were set and....

Fourth night - we finally caught the little murderer!!

The guys had fun using him as target practice. He cost me about $300.-$400 dollars. Good riddance!

~ Aspen

So sorry that you had to loose 3 geese before catching the coon. But soooooo glad you caught him!! Maybe this year's babies will replace some of your stock.
hugs.gif

Trying to lure her (or is it a him?...I'm really not sure, just leaning "she") with a dish of our goose feed on our property edge. All I have is celery top for greens (anything else that may be semi-appetizing is in the freezer). With the Noreaster just starting here, everything will be covered in white in a short time. Hopefully she'll stick around and we can either find who owns her to return her, or just adopt her. Wish us luck! :0)

And, I'm open to any ideas on ways to capture her that ya'll may have! Thank you! :D

I told you all I recently lost three of my precious geese...here is what we caught...........

The first night we set the trap, we caught our wild 'barn' cat...we relocated the cat.

The next night we set the trap again and something wallowed it around and set it off. We went to TSC that morning, and picked up a larger trap. This time we staked them in the ground so they couldn't be moved around.

Third night here is what we caught:

...you are probably wondering what on earth our dog is doing in the trap....

That night I had told one of the little ones to feed Rusty ( the dog), so they took his food out onto the front porch and called him...he always comes ...but this time he didn't. I instantly knew right where he was...sure enough I walked out into the backyard, looked into the goose pen where the traps were set and....

Fourth night - we finally caught the little murderer!!

The guys had fun using him as target practice. He cost me about $300.-$400 dollars. Good riddance!

~ Aspen
Yikes! I did not realize racoons would go for geese! Glad you caught it.

She's pretty! Good luck with trying to bring her in!

She is so pretty!
Aww I hope you can get her before a pred does.. maybe put out some feed/corn for her. she does look like she has been eating well. I don't think she'll be able to talk your sebbies into flying off with her
wink.png
maybe watch for a ladder missing though.
gig.gif

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom