Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

I just read this about beaky and have to put in that my friend who gave me this egg (likely a blue seb) has a cross beak that is severe and this one does amazingly well despite it. She eats and preens and survives the cold Maine winters. I think of geese as very smart so I am sure she found her way due to that intelligence and necessity.

Somebody posted a few pics recently of a flock of curly whites and one saddleback that was really lovely. Anybody know who I am talking about, or where the post is? I went back but could not find it.

I have 3 curly whites and 1 gray saddleback Sadie...was that me you're looking for?

Last edited:
I WISH! I'm in NJ and my daughter and I just both said how cold we are and how drafty our old house feels today...brrr.

Celtic Oaks is in Florida though! Lucky girl!

Last edited:
Oh bummer. I just bought some eggs that I thought were yours. I hope they are almost as nice.
fl.gif
I wasn't planning on hatching any whites, but I have a friend bugging me for a couple girls....

Its cold as heck here today too though. Windy!

Last edited:
I do have some for sale in the BST section...in fact I have a special of 5 right now for less than normal since a sale fell thru a few days ago. If I can tempt you
hide.gif
...haha.
lau.gif

I am receiving a Seb egg today to 'fool around with' from a friend whose incubators are currently full. I plan to put the egg under my broody duck who has been setting about three days. I am thinking at this juncture that she has a better chance of hatching it than I. She only has four eggs under her. I will abduct her babies that hatch so she will continue to set and then return them all to her in due coarse should the goose egg fail or thrive.

Is this a horrible plan? I have never hatched a goose egg and I do have an incubator but it is full of turkey and chicken eggs. Please, give me helpful tips to help this plan work. I might have room in the bator later but as I said, I have never hatched a goose.
My Muscovy duck sat on an Embden goose egg and hatched it. that was almost 6 yrs. ago, I'm not sure she would accept her ducklings back though if you remove them at hatch, that would be sad. But I don't see her having any problem hatching a goose out at all. Natural incubator.
smile.png

Drama here today, .my daughter and i were in the part of the property that is fenced off for the birds (she is 20) the gander started hissing and coming at her, she bumped him in the chest and then pinned him down, but she was beside him instead of behind him so the first time she let him go he nipped her arm and made a bruise. She is ****** really wants to eat him. Will he mellow out after breeding season? For now i told her just don't go back there while the goose is nesting. But her ducks are back there too and so i don't want to keep her out of there always.

Back
Top Bottom