Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

I would like to have a nice general antibiotic on hand for my geese/ducks/chickens. My vet swears by baytril. She tells me that it is rx only. But I found it here; http://www.twincitypoultrysupplies.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=585. And it doesn't say anything about needing an rx.

I have also read that Baytril is close to cipro. And my neighbor uses fish antibiotics on her dogs. (she is a breeder) Has anyone used the fish antibiotics on birds? Or cipro?

Anyone have any input on what they use, or where to get it? Or how to save on buying it?

I've purchased injectible Baytril from First State Vet Supply without an Rx and was very happy with both the product and their customer service.

http://www.firststatevetsupply.com/store2/baytril-20-ml.html

Holderread sells Lavender Ice Americans. Did he use those to get the color in Sebastopols?
I have no Idea... I dont know about geese..

This is the dad....

And this is the mom..

And all I know is that I beleive the Mom is from the lav. ice line.. and the dad is a curley white brested... I am no good with geese as I am a duck owner and only have 1 goose haha

I smashed them. They crush pretty easily.

Not sure on the antibiotics- I used some duramycin (milder than chicken dose) for a short time when my goose had her leg eaten off by coons. Not sure if it helped, but her stump didn't get infected.
Omg stumpy!
We had a wild goose get its foot taken off by a snapper..... we got the snapper needles to say!

Omg stumpy!
We had a wild goose get its foot taken off by a snapper..... we got the snapper needles to say!
Crazy about you two having geese with feet being eaten! WOW.

The parents are very pretty. I have a gander that looks like the mom and when I bred him with a white seb, they had a lav baby. Yours looks more like splash or possibly a saddleback? (I have not had any saddlebacks, so not sure what they look like as teens.)

Holderread sells Lavender Ice Americans. Did he use those to get the color in Sebastopols?

Hello, Dave did not use any other breed of goose to get colored Sebastopol Geese, Last time I drove to his farm to pick up birds we had an hour and half long conversation about how he got the color into Sebastopol Geese

I am so sorry you lost your Lucy. But she did have some spoiling before her passing. If every you see a goose just sitting around like Lucy did make sure to get on it right away. When they lay eggs and then go into broodiness they have a calcium deficiency and need to be having extra calcium and make sure they eat by daily pushing them off the nest to relieve themselves and get a bath and eat. I have found now this is different, that my geese sebastopols like shelled nuts. They are very high in calcium. I go to good old Walmart and get the patio, porch and deck feed with all shelled nuts, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds pastico sp?, safflower. They love it..... I also give this to the ganders. That is something that helps them as well. I mix about a cup or a bit more to the daily feedings through the stress season and winter too. I change my feeding for winter to 300 pounds of multi flock and 200 pounds of oats. Then If it will be super cold I use this nuts mixtures for a boost in the daily rations....

The reason I tried this is because birds eats nuts and I seen them picking nuts up outside breaking them open and having nuts. We have different nut trees and I thought if we give sunflower seeds why not.
RURU...the other bag I am looking for is called Nuts and berries, right?

Back
Top Bottom