Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me how to know if I have male or female sebastpol goose?
My female ducks honk loudly and males do not and males have that little curled feather on top of their tails. So how can I tell what is what on my sebbies? These are a first for us.

173rd I dont know of any on their sounds but they r very 2 different sounds.my girls voice is very deep sound n boys r really high pitched.maybe someone has their sounds.

Can anyone tell me how to know if I have male or female sebastpol goose?
My female ducks honk loudly and males do not and males have that little curled feather on top of their tails. So how can I tell what is what on my sebbies? These are a first for us.
173rd this might sound funny but give it a try. On you ganders when they honk it is more of a soprano honk. Now you give it a try yourself of the higher honk. This will give you a better idea of what we are talking about on the honks they make. Now for the female she has a much deeper honk. So now give the honk yourself in a much lower honk. After you try it out yourself you will understand the difference and be able to hear the difference when they honk.
Now do you have young adult goslings? Or grown adults? If teenager it might be hard yet to hear the difference because it takes awhile to hear the difference. I find though that the ganders get in their honks sooner than the females. The females will honk like a peep for a bit and then all of a sudden they honk will be very low.
Hope this helps you even more on the honks after you try doing it yourself. Please do not feel funny doing it this will help you for sure...
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom