Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

This week has been rainy and very cold out... Yesterday when I left the house here to go to dialysis it was very cold at 5:30 am. But when I got out of dialysis it was even colder because the wind was really blowing and it was rainy. Brrrrrrrrr!!!!!

When they first saw the snow, they seemed a bit depressed. They weren't too happy about their beautiful green grass being covered in cold white stuff.

Do I need to worry about my geese developing frost bite? This is my first winter with geese and I'm worried that after swimming their feet will freeze... Should I take their pool away?

When they first saw the snow, they seemed a bit depressed. They weren't too happy about their beautiful green grass being covered in cold white stuff.

Do I need to worry about my geese developing frost bite? This is my first winter with geese and I'm worried that after swimming their feet will freeze... Should I take their pool away?
I wouldn't worry about the pool, mine have pools all year long, unless they are frozen. :) If their feet get cold, they will lay down on them to warm them. I also put down straw if there is snow on the ground, so they can get off the snow with their feet.

I wouldn't worry about the pool, mine have pools all year long, unless they are frozen. :) If their feet get cold, they will lay down on them to warm them. I also put down straw if there is snow on the ground, so they can get off the snow with their feet.

Their pool freezes every morning, but I've been helping them break up the ice so that they can swim.

They always have access to a shelter with lots of hay, so hopefully they'll be ok.

Their pool freezes every morning, but I've been helping them break up the ice so that they can swim.

They always have access to a shelter with lots of hay, so hopefully they'll be ok.
That sounds fine with me. Just keep an eye on them if it gets extremely cold. If it is like a blizzard, you may want to keep them locked up.

I have been having luck w/ my newbie (1 week w/ me) they are 6mths. Well Bella is the more friendliest! She taked food from my hand but also loves to nibble on it too! And sometimes it hurts! What should I do. I don't want to scare her but she gets my fingers by her jaw and it hurts!!!
How can I stop her?

I have been having luck w/ my newbie (1 week w/ me) they are 6mths. Well Bella is the more friendliest! She taked food from my hand but also loves to nibble on it too! And sometimes it hurts! What should I do. I don't want to scare her but she gets my fingers by her jaw and it hurts!!!
How can I stop her?

I've been wondering the same thing.

My girl Goosey is extremely friendly. She loves to snuggle and she follows me around, however, she also loves to chew on my fingers. It's annoying and it hurts, but I've read that it's just part of who they are. Geese love to chew on things.

Back
Top Bottom