Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Funny about Sammie's antics. I love those kinds of memories! Sorry you lost him! Sounds like he loved you!!
love.gif
te he
Daze when Sammie was a baby I would get him out I have no idea how many time a day and hold him, talk to him and kiss him. I would get Samantha out as well and hold and talk to her and kiss her but Sammie just bonded with me more so that Samantha. They were my very first pair of Sebastopol's that I ordered and I also ordered 10 ducks along with them. I picked up the ducks and they screamed and just was not the same as the 2 sebbies were. Geese babies are so much more responsive to human contact.
I fell in love with the 2 of them so quickly and as I said they shot an arrow straight into my heart like cupid..... LOVE came right off the beginning!!!! Plus it grew as time passed. I believe Sammie and Samantha were going on 7 years old. It is hard to remember because I forgot to mark down when I first got them.

I dearly miss Sammie but I have soooo many memories of that Special gander that will always be in my heart and head. I still have Samantha.

Here is the only picture I found on my one website of Sammie behind Gloria my grey goose.

Here is my Samantha Sammie mate at the time.

Here is Sammie and Samantha daughter below

Last but not least is Oliver the Sebastopol's in a red diaper. Sammie and Samantha's son. He went to see Santa and the children coming to see Santa at a fire station. My friend Leesa owns Oliver. She has written 3 children educational books about Oliver's travels and has another book she is writing but not about Oliver but a different goose.

Feeding geese by hand is not really good because then they try and bite. You do not want to promote this. Just get them by you and put the food on the ground so they know you are a good thing to come by and get goodies. But feeding by hand ganders get aggressive in breeding season if you have hand fed them they will bite you. Ganders can be big stinker on biting..... They love to bite in breeding season they hate everyone and everything! Brats!!
I had to laugh about this because I am already seeing bratty behavior in my gander.
roll.png

hmm... all these stories of breeding season. I wonder what my geese will do next spring.

Goosey is my baby and I can't imagine her sweet personality changing.

Gooser is a sweet heart, but he has his moments. He can't stand being held and doesn't like it when I approach him. If he's going to snuggle, than it has to be on his terms.
Typical gander.
lol.png

I love reading your stories. I will take care of my back section! But it's my goose that's doing it so I should ASSume it's the same thing! I've had them 1 week today! Is it normal that the goose is not as lovely as the gander? I'd like to introduce you to Rags Ragland and Bella LaGoosa! Have a good day y'all! ;-)

The white looking one is a grey splash curly breasted and the other is a grey smooth breasted Sebastopol. There are the two different feathering in the Sebastopol's. You have one of each. As the smooth breasted grows it should start shooting out feather's on the chaps and on it's back. Unless you got a totally smooth then it will not have any curl at all just be smooth feathered all over...
Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
It was a beautiful Fall day out there today so I took some pictures of some of our sebs.

9 of our sebs What's up there look!

Samantha our very first Sebastopol

Vanessa from Cottage Rose

My breeding of both Sassafras in the back and Spicie in the front

My breeding Ginger

Last edited:
[COLOR=FF8C00]It was a beautiful Fall day out there today so I took some pictures of some of our sebs.[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF8C00]9 of our sebs What's up there look![/COLOR] [COLOR=FF8C00]Samantha our very first Sebastopol[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF8C00]Vanessa from Cottage Rose[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF8C00]My breeding of both Sassafras in the back and Spicie in the front[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF8C00]My breeding Ginger[/COLOR]
They are gorgeous! Ohhhh I want a couple of sebbies some day !

It was a beautiful Fall day out there today so I took some pictures of some of our sebs.

9 of our sebs What's up there look!

Samantha our very first Sebastopol

Vanessa from Cottage Rose

My breeding of both Sassafras in the back and Spicie in the front

My breeding Ginger
Beautiful! I love the up there look pic! I call it the early hawk detection team, I always know there is a hawk around when the geese start giving it the stink eye to the sky. Of course sometimes its just a plane! I am in love with Ginger! I have a soft spot for saddlebacks.

Gorgeous, Barb! I love that look too.
I can say " What's up there???" And look up, and the geese will copy me. Most of the time, anyway.

We're going to try to get them to model in a furniture photo shoot today. This will be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom