Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

RURU- You need to stop posting pics of all those gorgeous birds! I need to sell a few of my geese and I am having a terrible time. I keep telling DH I will list them for sale next weekend!!! I love Ginger, she is just lovely. And those buff are awesome! Do you have a pair?
Butternut and Toffee are both females but I have JJ a grey split for buff I am going to breed together this Spring. They are this years hatch from celtic oaks farm.

Hey, chickery, you should post this on the "What´s this goose thinking?" thread!
thumbsup.gif
funny.
Thanks! I just got them at the beg. of the month so I'm new to sebe's! I have Peking Ducks but their great poop & scooters!
wink.png

Took more pictures today and wanted to share them.

Butternut

Toffee

Toffee left and Butternut right

JJ (Jumping Jack Flash)

Ducky in the middle off the sebs Toffee left, Butternut nest to her, JJ far right front, behind JJ is Berrie our blue and I believe Vanessa in the back right

Last edited:
Shellie I am so pleased with them all Butternut is the lighter one but just a bit. Toffee is the darker headed one. You bred them and all I did was feed them properly and give them bath water to keep clean with.
JJ is blooming more as he gets older and fills out better. His chest and neck feathering are doing different than I am use to but it is beautiful! The girls just keep getting in more feathers on their chest.
NO I did not feed them rapid grow for the feathers!
wink.png
But did feed them a good diet to help promote proper feathering! I find that the diet also has a lot to due with super feathering......
frow.gif

[COLOR=0000CD]Shellie I am so pleased with them all Butternut is the lighter one but just a bit. Toffee is the darker headed one. You bred them and all I did was feed them properly and give them bath water to keep clean with.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]JJ is blooming more as he gets older and fills out better. His chest and neck feathering are doing different than I am use to but it is beautiful! The girls just keep getting in more feathers on their chest.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]NO I did not feed them rapid grow for the feathers![/COLOR] ;)  [COLOR=0000CD]But did feed them a good diet to help promote proper feathering! I find that the diet also has a lot to due with super feathering......[/COLOR]:frow

ruru, I'm new to this and was wondering if you would share with me what it is that you are feeding them? I m from a very small town and I can't always get what I want! :( ex. I wanted rolled oats and now have to soak them. More work than I thought. Could you help me?

ruru, I'm new to this and was wondering if you would share with me what it is that you are feeding them? I m from a very small town and I can't always get what I want!
sad.png
ex. I wanted rolled oats and now have to soak them. More work than I thought. Could you help me?
Chickery you do not have to soak whole oats for the geese buy cleaned whole oats. I feed Blue Seal Poultry feed called Home Finisher and mix whole oats in there with it. You can mix it however you want but right now I am feeding half home finisher and half oats. The poultry feed is for waterfowl also. But my guys love what I am feeding. I also feed green or red grapes as treats, tomatoes, celery, watermelon, apples, romaine lettuce, kale, turnip greens, broccoli, whatever they like and eat. But NO spinach. There is a lot more you can feed. You can feed them hard boiled eggs and grind down the shells and just put them out on the ground for them. The females will eat the shells.

Barb you are doing great by them! Hope YOU are feeling well too.

Chickory, you can feed whole oats to geese without soaking just fine if you like
Just today had to go back to the doctor who took my parathyroid glands out of my neck and put a chopped up one in my arm. It went crazy and my numbers are way out of sight so November 26th I go have my arm operated on....
I go tomorrow to my surgeon I have another hernia and possibly two we shall see tomorrow. Then dentist Thursday for a filling.
I have been at a doctors off and on this whole month.
Then November 21st my GYN.

I bet next the surgeon is going to want to operate on me soon too.
hit.gif
I do not want all this surgery!!!

I went super anemic for a bit, now my protein is down. The also said I was bleeding somewhere inside. I might have to go see a doctor for that.
th.gif
My body is going to the dogs!

Sure hope you are well....

[COLOR=0000CD]Just today had to go back to the doctor who took my parathyroid glands out of my neck and put a chopped up one in my arm. It went crazy and my numbers are way out of sight so November 26th I go have my arm operated on....[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]I go tomorrow to my surgeon I have another hernia and possibly two we shall see tomorrow. Then dentist Thursday for a filling.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]I have been at a doctors off and on this whole month.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]Then November 21st my GYN.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]I bet next the surgeon is going to want to operate on me soon too.[/COLOR] :hit [COLOR=0000CD] I do not want all this surgery!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]I went super anemic for a bit, now my protein is down. The also said I was bleeding somewhere inside. I might have to go see a doctor for that.[/COLOR] :th [COLOR=0000CD]My body is going to the dogs![/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]Sure hope you are well....[/COLOR]

RURU I'm sorry to hear about your illness! It's not fun being sick. I truly hope that this will be the end for you and that things go a lot better from now on. It's hard not to think about it, but try. That's what I do and it helps, plus my new geese! ;)

RURU I'm sorry to hear about your illness! It's not fun being sick. I truly hope that this will be the end for you and that things go a lot better from now on. It's hard not to think about it, but try. That's what I do and it helps, plus my new geese!
wink.png
Thank you chickery. I have surgery on my arm November 26th I go in they do it I recover and go home. That is great.
Went to my other surgeon today and I do have 2 hernias and they need to be fixed. But he is sending me to a GI doctor to have that colon thing done to see if they can find where I might be bleeding from. Then after that I call back to my surgeon and we set up a date to operate.
Chickery I have been on dialysis now for 14 years. They took out both my kidneys in 2002. I have had many surgeries since then. I found out I had breast cancer had that removed did radiation treatments and have clear of that. Then had an accident with one of the horses where I was feeding him and he came at me kicking and I grabbed his halter and he pulled and dislocated my shoulder and then threw me into the side of the barn and broke the shoulder and I fell and broke my knee.Then had a cycstic ovary had that removed. Then a year or two after had to have the other ovary removed so told her while in there take the uterus.
Then several years after that my large intestine split had to be rushed to the hospital and almost did not make it but Dr saved my life! Then 3 months later had a reversal of they took the ostomy bag off they put on to make sure my intestine healed they took 6 inches of it out. Plus I had a hernia where the stoma was, where they put the bag. He had to repair that. Then went in 3 months later for surgery again because where they cut me open had a hernia there because they had to open me for a 3rd time in the same area where they had taken out my 2 kidneys. It has been recut there 3 times now. Well that now had reopened and another one down at the bottom of my stomach.

As you can see it has been a busy time for my body being operated on. Now maybe you can see why I have had enough. But more to come.
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom