Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Quote:
That way, you can know what you are getting too.
It's best to look at the true conditions they are kept in... not to mention some geese are very poorly and live just long enough to lay, then get sick and die off.
And yes, it is extremely pricey to ship a small amount of chicks. It isn't very good for them either, if they do happen to get thirsty or hungry- nobody can help them out.

You can always post a WANTED ad on Craigslist, and do searches in nearby areas you'd be willing to drive to.

Also... sure goslings can go without food and water for 24 hours...

However, my baby Binka hatched just this afternoon and is already eating, drinking, and pooping!

pips&peeps :

Quote:

My personal opinion is that the quality is low, but to each their own.​

I was assuming that birdygirl just wanted a couple of pets, but if she wants quality breeding stock then you are absolutely right! I think it was a reasonable price for pet quality though.

I do want them as Pets, but I want to make sure that if the time ever were to come and I did want to help promote them, that I am going with the best. Price really doesnt bother me, but as I started researching, I could see the difference in some of these cutie pie's.. I think the breed in general is stunning!.. And everyone here has just amazing, beautiful babies.. I just wondered what everyone thought is all.

I wish that Nava was closer.. and I wonder if shipping clear to Western Nevada would be okay.. For those that ship.. maybe you can help ease my worries.. lol.. I just want to make sure that if I do get my babies from someone, that they arn't the type of people that are just in the breeding part of things for the money and honestly care about the breed. That to me is important..
love.gif

Quote:
My personal opinion is that the quality is low, but to each their own.

I was assuming that birdygirl just wanted a couple of pets, but if she wants quality breeding stock then you are absolutely right! I think it was a reasonable price for pet quality though.

Quote:

I completely understand! I got my first 2 pairs a couple of months ago, and fell in love with them. Mine are pet quality, but I am hoping to get some nicer stock over the next year. I stumbled across mine on accident and didn't really know much about them at the time. I had no idea how much I would enjoy them, and I can't wait to improve on my stock. They really are great animals!

I found this video on how to tell difference between males and females by vent sexing on YouTube. We got 3 ducklings and I tried it. It really isnt that hard.. The little rouen is a male.. and the other two are snowy mallards.. females.. we'll see if I am right in a few months.. lol..

1 gosling has hatched, the other has pipped the shell. #3 hadn't made any progress, no internal pips or movement. Thinking it was dead I decided to open the air cell end of the egg and pip the membrane so it could breathe if it happened to be alive. I couldn't figure out what I was seeing at first, but it was the hock joint of the leg...the gosling is backwards in the egg. It is still alive, but I don't hold much hope. A friend of mine told me to pip the opposite end of the egg but I'm afraid I'd cut the gosling in the process
hmm.png

Last edited:
Some of my Sebbies come from Metzer farms, and Hollderreads. In all honesty I breed mine for me. I enjoy their company. Many people prefer show quality geese but the reality is we are all suppose to breed for quality of the breed. I would encourage anyone wanting to breed sebbies read and read some more. These geese are so freindly and loving. We had one in our has for many years. Now I have one sitting of eggs under my table.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom