Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Is it safe to assume that if I catch one goose mounting another then the "one on top" is a male? That's always been the case with my toulouse.
So- my lavender sebbie looks like it might actually be a gander now.
roll.png
I was so convinced it was a girl by the personality.
There is no way I can set up 3 seperate pens for them- I am already considering selling my lavender scovies so I don't have any issues with my ducks.
hit.gif

We use PVC and build temp panels to keep the non flying ducks separated and building the same for the Sebbies too. Corner connectors to build the rectangles. Then you can take them down when not needed and store flat. Hope this helps.

Is there a way to get sebbies for less than $50.00 a piece? I really want some, but my mom won't let me get them unless there is a way I can get them cheap.
hmm.png

Quote:
I have some smoothe-breasted ones. I was asking $90 for 2 girls that are point- of- lay. I took my ads down temporarily because I really don't want them to be Christmas dinner. But normally- no you will not find them for less than $50. Even the hatcheries charge $55 for day olds, and then there are minimums and shipping.

Quote:
I have some smoothe-breasted ones. I was asking $90 for 2 girls that are point- of- lay. I took my ads down temporarily because I really don't want them to be Christmas dinner. But normally- no you will not find them for less than $50. Even the hatcheries charge $55 for day olds, and then there are minimums and shipping.

HappyMtn - If you were closer I would come and get those Smooth Breasted Girls!
I think that's a very good price for 2 Point of Lay Sebbies.

Quote:

Thanks- I think so too. I just want a small flock so I don't need this many. Our pasture is pretty limitied since we live in the woods and I spent all summer trying to stay a step ahead of the geese. My water bill was ridiculous after that 1 1/2 months of no rain
sad.png

Quote:

Thanks- I think so too. I just want a small flock so I don't need this many. Our pasture is pretty limitied since we live in the woods and I spent all summer trying to stay a step ahead of the geese. My water bill was ridiculous after that 1 1/2 months of no rain
sad.png

No Hon, I think they are going to be that or higher. If you lived closser you could come get some of mine. I'm selling some off. Maybe you can get you some eggs shipped to you.
smile.png

Quote:
sad.png

No Hon, I think they are going to be that or higher. If you lived closser you could come get some of mine. I'm selling some off. Maybe you can get you some eggs shipped to you.
smile.png

How much would eggs be? I'm not looking for show quality... That would be expensive

is it normal for a goose to be humping the females in Dec?

I've noticed Marty doing the deed the other day in the pool.

Back
Top Bottom