Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

These are my new Sebastopols, they are my first. The Blue curly-feathered is the gander and the Smooth-breasted Buff is the hen. They fit in with my Toulouse and Embdens right away, they are so nice!

These are my new Sebastopols, they are my first. The Blue curly-feathered is the gander and the Smooth-breasted Buff is the hen. They fit in with my Toulouse and Embdens right away, they are so nice!
Looks like it didn't take them long to empty the pool.
big_smile.png

Silverfox, since geese live to be 30-40 years old, if a goose is even 10 yrs. old they are not old. I have heard so many people refer to a 3 yr. old goose as "old" which is ridiculous. I think they believe they only live 10 years or something like that. So, if someone near you has "old" Sebastopols, ask how "old " they are. If the seller thinks they have old geese you can probably get a great deal on some really nice geese that that person bought from a reputable breeder.

Silverfox, since geese live to be 30-40 years old, if a goose is even 10 yrs. old they are not old. I have heard so many people refer to a 3 yr. old goose as "old" which is ridiculous. I think they believe they only live 10 years or something like that. So, if someone near you has "old" Sebastopols, ask how "old " they are. If the seller thinks they have old geese you can probably get a great deal on some really nice geese that that person bought from a reputable breeder.

its not the age that worries me as i have brought older geese before its the why the seller all of a sudden has decided to sell that gets my alarm bells ringing

yes sometime its a case of buying a goose without realising they live so long and hence the sale as they cant be cared for anymore

but honest sellers like that are few and far between

reputable breeders will hatch quality birds and sell as a business and have no reason to sell dodgy birds as thats what they do for a living and hence sell at a young age

my search will continue i guess

Back
Top Bottom