Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Got back from the Clanton AL show and I am very proud to say that the eggs I got from Jean not only produced a beautiful goose but she has proven it by being Reserve Champion Waterfowl x2 in the open show. We lost Champion to the most massive Rouen I have ever seen. Dang it!!

What is the best way to tell if Sebastopols are at the correct weight? What are you feeling for? Here are my two. They are still growing in new feathers. I thought they were done molting and then they dropped a bunch of feathers again.
hu.gif

I would say pick them up and feel their body structure.

Emma congrats!

Aspen, no idea on where his eyes came from, but you are getting his brother so maybe the genes are there.

I do, but they are so puffy! It's hard to feel through all those feathers. I'm just totally unfamiliar with geese. I can reach under my horse blankets to check their weight, but I don't really know what I'm feeling for in the geese. Does that make sense?

I would say pick them up and feel their body structure.

Emma congrats!

Aspen, no idea on where his eyes came from, but you are getting his brother so maybe the genes are there.
Very cool. : ) Looking forward to getting them here. The weather has turned hot (80's) again the last week or so, so not cool enough to ship on my end.

~ Aspen
I do, but they are so puffy! It's hard to feel through all those feathers. I'm just totally unfamiliar with geese. I can reach under my horse blankets to check their weight, but I don't really know what I'm feeling for in the geese. Does that make sense?
When you pick them up, do you feel just fluff, or do they actually have some meat to them? : ) Hope that makes sense! LOL

Back
Top Bottom