Sebastopol Question???

Thanks for the info! I'll check with her when it warms up just a bit down here. Your geese are lovely! I saw my first Sebastopols at a poultry show this winter and fell in love. Gotta have some
big_smile.png

I have a question as this is my first year with Sebastopols, and I have 3 Ganders and 5 Geese, 6 of which are 2010 hatchs, I am just wondering how many Geese one Gander will breed?

I have noticed my one Gander with one particular Goose, when I've saw him breeding and its been on the ground and not in water, and I've been told that he is breeding more than this one goose and have not saw that yet myself. One of the other Ganders it appears is not getting an opportunity to breed and when they are out together appears to always be the last one lagging with the group, I have not separated them yet and I'm wondering how that will go when I do, particularly if I don't pair them up with who I know is already breeding. Any suggestions would really help. They have been free ranging and have started going further away than what they normally do which is why I'm getting ready to split them up and pen them up. In addition to going on an Egg Hunt, so far I have not had any eggs and I'm in Ohio, my Gander hatched from here in Ohio last April 15th, so really don't know what exactly to expect. I've also saw my one Gander that is breeding with 3 geese in his grouping or ones that stay primarily with him, which is why I'm wondering how many Geese will one Gander breed.

Victoria

Back
Top Bottom