sebright color crosses

Megs

Songster
10 Years
Aug 19, 2009
hi all, i am curious to know if you have a silver sebright rooster and a gold sebright hen what color do they produce? i dont have room for another pen, but i want to have a few gold hens with my silvers, and i incubate their eggs quite frequently so wanted to know if i would get a weird cross or silver or gold.

Buff Sebrights
smile.png

is the buff a recognized color or just a pretty unrecognized color? they are beautiful, i wouldnt mind breeding some of those!

No. GoldxSilver DOES NOT creat Buff Sebrights.

It depends on who the parents are. If the father is Gold and the mother is Silver, then all hens will be Gold and the roosters will be an off color of the two. Same thing happens with a Silver rooster and Gold hens, only the hens will be Silver. The roosters will still be the same.

I am pretty new to sebrights, but buffs are a mutation from what I read, and gold and silver colors in sebrights are sexlink. This is what I have learned from other posters who are well informed on sebright genetics, (I am quoting from older posts I copied and saved for reference, I do not have documented the name of the poster)

"Since the father is the Silver Sebright, any pullets that hatched will be silver just like him. But any cockerels will be a "mix" of Gold and Silver.
And Vice Versa if the father was the Gold and mother was Silver: Gold Pullets, mixed Cockerels."

and another:

"When you cross a silver roo on gold hens you will get citroen(lemon) laced in black, it is very pretty. If you cross the gold roo to silver hens you should get sexlinks. The buff laced(chamois) are a mutation and didnt come from a silver x gold like people say."

Back
Top Bottom