sebright thread

Pics
Is there a hatchery that sells decent Sebrights, at all? I will never show any birds, I'm sure, but I would like some purebred 'Brights, just for my own enjoyment. I lovw the way they look, and they have been my goal for a few years, now. I have my standard EE's and Red Sexlinks for my eggs, and I have a few other Bantams just because I liked their look, but I really want to purchase 'Brights. The 2 birds that I mentioned in my earlier post are the only Sebrights that I have ever seen, in person. The older Golden that I bought (and it died) was from a flea market, and I knew better than to buy it, but did, for $4. The Silver came from TSC, but they arne't getting Bantams, this year, and I doubt that any of us could pick a Sebright from a chick assortment, anyway. I am ready to purchase chicks, between now and the next 2 months, and am really looking for a good source. Again, I don't expect to ever show a bird, I just want attractive, purebred birds for my own yard.
How many are you looking for? I have been on the hunt now for some time and may be able to point you in a direction.

How many are you looking for? I have been on the hunt now for some time and may be able to point you in a direction.
What I am really wanting is a Roo and 2 Hens, of each (Golden and Silver) tho I wouldn't mind a set of the Buff, either. The Silver and Golden are my main target, tho. ANY help in finding them would be very, very appreciated. I live in the extreme Northeast part of Mississippi, near Alabama and Tennessee, and have driven 110 miles (each way) just to buy Olive Egger hens, so a road trip of 200 miles (each way) or less isn't out of the question. I am rather OCD about my chickens. I want what I want, haha but I'm not rich. My main problem is that people i this thread are now telling me not to mess with hatcheries, and I really don't need 25 (the minimum) more chickens, especially since I have a 'bator and might even mess up and fill that 42 egger full, when Spring hits. My Wifey is already asking how many chickens do I really want. haha I do enjoy watching and tending to all of my gang.

What I am really wanting is a Roo and 2 Hens, of each (Golden and Silver) tho I wouldn't mind a set of the Buff, either. The Silver and Golden are my main target, tho. ANY help in finding them would be very, very appreciated. I live in the extreme Northeast part of Mississippi, near Alabama and Tennessee, and have driven 110 miles (each way) just to buy Olive Egger hens, so a road trip of 200 miles (each way) or less isn't out of the question. I am rather OCD about my chickens. I want what I want, haha but I'm not rich. My main problem is that people i this thread are now telling me not to mess with hatcheries, and I really don't need 25 (the minimum) more chickens, especially since I have a 'bator and might even mess up and fill that 42 egger full, when Spring hits. My Wifey is already asking how many chickens do I really want. haha I do enjoy watching and tending to all of my gang.
I PM'd you about a breeder I found that does 7 chicks minimum.
Besides that I'd try your local Co-op(usually hatchery chicks) or contact your local 4H.

There's also Black Forest poultry in KYe-mail @ http://[email protected]

Good luck.

Cute pics.
smile.png

Hey, I havent been around for awhile! so HI!
frow.gif

I got mine from purly poultry and they are gourgous, super sweet and friendly birds with tons of personality...

my hen just went broody and I now have 5 mystery chicks now! :) two are from my silkie girl and 3 are from the sebright hen.... fathers unknown haha...

possible canadates....... we have two sebright roos, EE roo, silver spangled hamburg roo, silkie roo and several silver duckwing old english game bantam roos...... they all free range togeather....

I think the silkies are crossed with the old english as the chicks have normal feathers and they have bright orange legs.... but for the life of me I cant figure out the sebrights chicks! they were all black with yellow heads at hatch but I swear they have green legs! they are 3 weeks now and have silver spangling comming in :) so pretty :)

Picts to come :):)

You live in the middle of Sebright Country! the best Sebright breeders in the country live in Alabama and Georgia! Seriously, if you ever want show bantams PM me and i will tell you how to get ahold of them. Also, They may have some stock that is not quite up to their exceptional show standards that could go for your pet collection, i don't know.

sorry this person is who i was replying to.

Thanks and thanks, to all who have offered help. I may find those elusive Sebrights, after all! hehe

Back
Top Bottom