sebright thread

Pics
Hey I'm looking for a nice show quality silver sebright rooster to go with my hens was wandering if anyone knew of anyone that ships or is in AZ. Any help is appreciated.

Hey I'm looking for a nice show quality silver sebright rooster to go with my hens was wandering if anyone knew of anyone that ships or is in AZ. Any help is appreciated.
I know there is an APA judge who lives in northwest PA who has lovely Silver Sebrights. Just don't know his name.
Sorry, couldn't be of more help.
Best,
Karen

My silver sebright just went broody! :D She's the only one I have though, the rest are all phoenix, poland or some variety of cross inbetween. I think the father of her eggs is probally our polled phoenix male so it'll be interesting to see what comes out. She jumped off the eggs to get some food today and one of the other hens decided to lay her egg there - when she got back she promptly sat on the other girl until she went away (but not without screaming about the injustice of it all) LOL. I just hope she doesn't decide it's too much work a few days in. She's sitting on three of her eggs and three poland eggs. Hope they hatch sucessfully (fingers crossed).
As for the girl herself she's alright quality but I think her feathers are a little too thin and the lacing on her flight feathers and tail is a little broken. Don't know it that'll improve with age, she's about eight months old. All I know is that she was a chick a sebright breeder didn't want so she was given to our local farm where I found her. Adorable!

Last edited:
I have 2 sebrights, a gold and a silver. They just started laying eggs and are sharing the same nest. Should I leave the eggs in the nest for a few days and see if one of the hens will sit on them? I am kind of new to chickens and very new to sebrights. Looking for any advice.

If they are hatchery stock yes- they might go broody. If they are show stock no- they probably won't.
But i wouldn't leave the eggs in the nest- take them out and replace them with 4 to 6 golf balls or similar egg shaped thing. Then keep you eggs (round end up pointy end down) safe and clean in the correct temp range (room temp) until you are sure they are broody. Tilt them one time a day so they don't stay in the same position. They can wait about 7 to 10 days and still be used for hatching.

I have always liked the looks of the seabrights, so I finally broke down and had some eggs shipped in.
Aside from the fact that I always have horrid luck with shipped eggs, I got 9 nice looking little golden seabright chicks.
They sure have plenty of energy.
Jim

My sebrights are still not laying. I have them on 28% and vitamin rich water and they won't lay. What is the trick?
Whenever we let our sebrights outside to free range for a little while they will lay an egg. It never fails...every day that we let them out they lay an egg.

Penelope at 6 weeks may actually be Paul....
What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom