sebright thread

I like mine I have a gold sebright cross rooster and a pure (I think) gold sebright hen I would like to hear how your hatchery turns out keep us posted!

Last edited:
I've got a few 8 week old silver sebrights, they're lacing is looking very nice. I was wondering if the black spots on the white maybe called splashing, will or can it grow out of the feather?

I've got a few 8 week old silver sebrights, they're lacing is looking very nice. I was wondering if the black spots on the white maybe called splashing, will or can it grow out of the feather?

@sledford
I've heard this called smuttiness, if its just dirty looking, and not actual spots. And I've heard that smuttiness can go away after a molt. Not to worry in a young one.

so i thought i'd say for those of you who are new to sebrights, and might be worried about their so called lack of broodiness, i have had two sebrights. one set her own nest and hatched out ten out of eleven eggs. and my other sebright went broody on a single golf ball and then excepted two eggs that were not her own. both hatched but only one survived through no fault of hers. it was born weak. the other chick is the smartest and heatiest chick i've ever seen. so i have had no problems with sebrights going broody. so those of you who are new to sebrights don't believe the internet. my sebrights bring me nothing but joy. they are even decent layers.

Visit my weebsite http://ccpoultryfarm.weebly.com feal free to leave coments on the blog and leave any ideas or help you have to offer.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom