sebright thread

Pics
I love sebrights, but you don't see any show quality around that often in northern California. I have some hatchery sb in silver and gold. But I am looking for show quality in both. I am also interested in buff/chamois as well as lavender and citron. My daughter is about to start 4h and I'd really like for her to enter a sb in the fair this August.

I have Sebrights in Gold, Silver, Citron and Lavendar. I did not loose 1 chick out of 34 day old chicks that hatched! They are true gems, and prving to be super hardy and thrify. They are housed outside, and are doing wonderful on free range with donkeys and sheep, and brahmas. Such wonderul birds.

I will get some pics up soon.

Im also planning on offering up a citron hen or 2. Very few males available!

Nate Vanwey

Where if you don't mind my asking did you get your sebrights from SFIcelandics? I am interested in getting a silver roo, a trio of citron, a trio of lavender and a trio of buff sebrights. I already have a trio of gold and 2 silver gurls. But if you know where I could get what I am looking for I would be greatful to you.

SFIcelandics,
do you vaccinate your sebrights for Mareks? I have had a terrible experience with both vaccinated and unvaccinated sebrights. We have one hen surviving and I'm hoping she's especially resistant. If she is resistant, would it be a good idea to find her a mate?
Thxs,
Deb

Where if you don't mind my asking did you get your sebrights from SFIcelandics? I am interested in getting a silver roo, a trio of citron, a trio of lavender and a trio of buff sebrights. I already have a trio of gold and 2 silver gurls. But if you know where I could get what I am looking for I would be greatful to you.

ALL of my birds(brahmas and sebrights) come right from Dan Powell of One Earth Farm - I picked them up there as I only live an hour from him... I am so happy with the birds!!!

At this time I only have 2 citron hens and 1 gold male(should be split to citron) that I could part with... Plus extra gold males(maybe a hen or 2).

I lost my lavendar male to a fox, so I only have 2 pullets left, so I am breeding them to get some splits and then I can breed back and get more lavendars, they are quite popular, and are the typiest of the new sebright colors. I will get pics this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Dan no longer raises any fowl, and I had picked up his last batches of birds, I have a total of 68 birs from him right now...

Nate

Back
Top Bottom