Sebrights?

Both my Silver Sebright and Golden Sebright hens actually went broody. They were determined little women, but were not successful in hatching because other, larger hens went broody in the same nest with them...... not the best explanation, but they sure did surprise me when they sat on those eggs for weeks!

I love Sebrights. Even the obnoxious little boys are adorable. The hens are friendly and far less flighty (although they do fly
lol.png
).

I have two sebrights (currently six weeks old) that I raised from one week old and I handled them regulery and now they will jump up on to my lap to be petted. So overall mine are pretty sweet although they can FLY even from one week old chicks they could jump/fly fairly high.

Here are my two sebrights currently I would guess they are both pullets.Do you think either are show quality?

Just wondering what color do you get if you cross a Golden with a Silver Sebright? Will one color be dominate or will it be a mix of both colors?
To answer your question: it depends on which parent is which. If the rooster is Golden, then all of his daughters will be Golden and his sons will carry one copy of silver and one of gold, resulting in a slightly lighter colored gold. If the roosters is a Silver then his daughters will be Silvers and his sons will end up the same as the former crossing.

We've got 5 very broody sebright hens. A group made up of a silver hen, a buff hen, a golden hen and golden rooster just produced 12 beautiful chicks! All three hens sat together on the "bunch" of eggs. One or two hatched every day for a week!!!

Last year the silver hen and golden rooster produced all silver roos and gold pullets. The hens are very sweet. The roosters from that cross are flighty but beautiful to look at.

We are waiting to figure out the sex of this breeding.

Oh, I had read on line that when you crossed them that's what the offspring came out as. Thanks for the clarification.

i just got done hatching 3 baby silvers the mom is pure but the dad i think mixed silver and rosecomb... he is a very pretty bird the chicks are cute as heck.. and i have more to hatch every time she lays 3-5 eggs i put them in the incubator. so almost every week i have chicks to hatch

• Sebrights are quite nice birds I have heard people say that they are aggressive towards other hens but i have never had this problem.​
  • the cockerels are aggressive but since they are so small their attacks really don't hurt​
  • if you are going to put them in a specific area with a fence around it put something around the top of it because these guys are very good at flying and can fly on top of a house easily.​

To answer your question: it depends on which parent is which. If the rooster is Golden, then all of his daughters will be Golden and his sons will carry one copy of silver and one of gold, resulting in a slightly lighter colored gold. If the roosters is a Silver then his daughters will be Silvers and his sons will end up the same as the former crossing.

What's the meaning of the former crossing? I'm planning to buy a silver laced sebright male and golden laced female, what can I get from those? :D

Back
Top Bottom