**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Quote:
I'll have to see how much room I have in the bators when the time comes.. (and if I see any eggs advertised for sale that I just gotta have!)
gig.gif

Hey guys! I plan on joining in on this hatchathon! I'll have chicks out of the incubator and into the brooder by april 8th. I plan on setting some duck and turkey eggs that Jesshan8 will be shipping out soon! But I know I'll be setting some American Gamefowl and some EE eggs by then too hopefully I can find some Silkie and D'uccle eggs too by then. I've had a excellent hatch rate so far 93% ( 17 out of 23) and hopefully a 100% @ 13/13 eggs got 9 out 2 pipped and 2 rockin. :D such an addiction!

Hey guys! I plan on joining in on this hatchathon! I'll have chicks out of the incubator and into the brooder by april 8th. I plan on setting some duck and turkey eggs that Jesshan8 will be shipping out soon! But I know I'll be setting some American Gamefowl and some EE eggs by then too hopefully I can find some Silkie and D'uccle eggs too by then. I've had a excellent hatch rate so far 93% ( 17 out of 23) and hopefully a 100% @ 13/13 eggs got 9 out 2 pipped and 2 rockin.
big_smile.png
such an addiction!

Welcome aboard!

Turkeys like brush, so if you have a lot of brushy area's check there also bushes, under buildings, random open objects ect. Look in every nook and cranny, every dark weird place you can find. :)

( I know the brush part from my husband he turkey hunts lol ) but other then that I'd just look literally everywhere. When Mama hen started to lay I found her nest in my oyster roster. Haha. But seriously, I'be found nests under the gap between the ground and my building, in my sons powerwheel john deere gator, in my truck bed. Everywhere. A fallen log that had been wallered out ect. These ground nesters are a pain lol!!

Thriller! LOL That's kinda scary, but cool too!

Nice job on operation HENN :)

I'm going to be hatching for the family freezers, 10-15 ought to do it!

Mbm - Good choice. I had been given specific instructions to bring you over by whatever means necessary, and I was afraid, if you didn't cooperate, that it was going to get ugly. But, you dodged that bullet, by the skin of your teeth, bud, by the skin of your teeth....

OH! And, WELCOME!!
thumbsup.gif

I have 7 turkey eggs cooking, sending out a couple today and getting ready to gather as many as the girls will give me to send to my BYC friend! Looking forward to this one ladies and gents.
Anyone have some interesting facts to share while we wait to set?

Back
Top Bottom