**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Quote: That is why I kept my married name now I hate it.

I kept my maiden name-- creates lots of confusion at school for my kids who have my DH name. Well my kids are not confused, the school is. I'm learning there are school issues that can arise when mom doesn't have the same name as her kids.
barnie.gif
Family is identified by name not legal relationship.
th.gif

I kept my maiden name when I married some 25 yrs ago because I liked it and many many women I knew were woman who earned their doctorates and kept the name they earned it under. ( Sorry for weird word choices. LOL) High number of PhD's. Some answer to 2 names. MRs Mariied Name and Dr. Maiden NAme.

pbj = my initials
l = loves
s = dw's first initial

I can laugh at all of the ball and chain jokes, but I got married at the ripe old age of 21 and no one said we had a chance. she is the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I love her dearly and tell her every day. our 22nd anniversary is later this year.

Do duck eggs change color before they hatch? Mine were a light grey during incubation and now there is darker spots froming on the shells? They are all alive. :shrugs:

I noticed that my turkey eggs changed color as the weeks progressed. I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't set some 2-week eggs next to some that were just being set and there was a noticeable difference in color. So maybe duck eggs change color as well.

Do duck eggs change color before they hatch? Mine were a light grey during incubation and now there is darker spots froming on the shells? They are all alive. :shrugs:
The egg shell changes color as it ages. It is funny to watch the blue ones kind of fade out.

pbj = my initials
l = loves
s = dw's first initial

I can laugh at all of the ball and chain jokes, but I got married at the ripe old age of 21 and no one said we had a chance. she is the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I love her dearly and tell her every day. our 22nd anniversary is later this year.
awwww peanut butter jelly ! PBJ

That's my alarm to send kids out for bus! wheres it at.. whers it at.......
gig.gif

My screen name came about from several failed attempts at choosing one. I wanted Curlycue (I have curly hair) taken, curlySue too cutesy and reminded me of the movie, CurlyQ, nah...but that reminded me of the star trek character so maybe I could get a Q in there. Quirky? Ya that suited me just fine and my name is Susan. Aha Quirkysue. Nobody calls me Sue but it had a ring to it so its been mine for probably 12 yrs.
Don't you hate that! I hate when I am constantly asked to change my passwords!! Like I can remember any of them!!

This was asked on another thread and I think its a pretty cool idea to know why others chose their sign on names!

[COLOR=FF0000]Anyone want to share how you came up with your screen name?[/COLOR]

SALLY SUNSHINE:
I worked outside many years as Horticulturist, my hair was sun bleached and I was the happiest healthiest girl on the earth as I tended to the land and my nickname grew as Sunshine or Sunny. So it stuck for computer alias ever since! I have since turned to poo on the outside, but its still me on the inside. :frow But one day I will be healthy again, I have to keep kicking sick's butt until then!

I'll play,

My name was given to me by my great grandfather who lived on a reservation. He gave names to all he grandkids. He based the name on personality, spirit and drive. My Great Granddad said my personailty was wild, my spitrt was that of a wolf and my drive was like a river, one day calm the next a raging torrent. So the Indian name stuck, once he came up with it, I don't think he ever called me by my given name again :) he passed away shortly before I joined BYC, so it just felt right to use it, and I added the 90 because its my birth year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom