**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Just candeled my Marans Eggs from Zanna
28 eggs only 1 dud .................................... 1 DUD And she even sent 4 extra and they too................... I am just so Unhappy With Myself I should of ordered more honey too.
Have fun every one i will post photos and my 17 D Brahma LF are AWESOME

So... I just bought a LG still air incubator from TSC. So far the temperature is stable and I almost have the humidity right. I have had one plug in and the other one laying half way across the hole while I am testing. During incubation, should I leave both holes open the whole time? Or should I leave the plugs in for the first ten days and then remove them? I have read about people doing both so what do you guys think? Thanks!
OMG!!! Read my horrific vent problem on here. Don't use them. I tossed mine when I bought the LGs and now if I never forget again to reopen the ones on the Sportsman again, I think I'm good.

OK I miss read my eggs and I actually glued pieces together to figure out what these chicks are. LOL I have 1 OE and 1 of my Games I'n working on and 1 of my Lavender Egg projects (it's jet black including legs and I'm stoked!) I see maybe 5 or 6 eggs that look like they may have some veining, but everything else is a blob and nothing internally pipped. I tried listening for peeping, but these 3 won't shut up. Sounds like there's chicks in every room of the house! Wonder if I can get black legs to turn purple anyway other than cutting off the circulation??? hmmm

I'm not setting all of these eggs I have and while I was repairing the Marans pen my Lavender Layer cockerel was in the yard. He has had a sudden burst of testosterone the past 2 weeks, so if anyone is looking for some cheap barnyard mixes, which could also be some pures, let me know.

My doe used the nest box with the babies as a litter box and killed them. So upset with her right now. The one that had the first baby on the wire, hasn't had any others. Then the 2 I thought nothing had taken started pulling fur so I gave them boxes. One stopped pulling and is using her box as a litter box too. The other?? OMG I don't even know where all that fur cam from. She's kind of prissy and I figured she's be as bare as my Lionhead, but nope! That box has been so full of fur the past 48 hours I and she tossed out the hay I had put in it. I went to add feed for her this afternoon and thought I'd just touch the fur and I felt it move. They're so covered up I almost couldn't find them ! I didn't spend to much time checking them, cause she didn't look to happy, but counted at least 4!! This doe is chincilla and so lush and I bred her to my red eyed white Lionhead buck. All the babies are her color and I'm hoping they wool out like dad, but have that creamy fur like mom too. Whichever, I just hope this doe does a much better job.

Yinepu is back!

Oh i disappear from time to time...

it just happens.. have no control over it at all... I blame the dust bunnies.. evil little buggers that they are

hide.gif

Anyone want to egg bomb me?! Just got my new bator!! Got it stablizing. I'm so excited!!!!

What kind of incubator did you get?

tape them open.. or maybe glue a mouse trap next to them so it will snap your fingers if you ever decide to try to close the vents again....
gig.gif

Wolfie, don't listen. Snap traps don't work. Trust me.

Anyone want to egg bomb me?! Just got my new bator!! Got it stablizing. I'm so excited!!!!
I can send you as many ducks as you want if you pay shipping.

So... I just bought a LG still air incubator from TSC. So far the temperature is stable and I almost have the humidity right. I have had one plug in and the other one laying half way across the hole while I am testing. During incubation, should I leave both holes open the whole time? Or should I leave the plugs in for the first ten days and then remove them? I have read about people doing both so what do you guys think? Thanks!
My plugs have all gotten lost so obviously they are always out.

Quote:
OMG!!! Read my horrific vent problem on here. Don't use them. I tossed mine when I bought the LGs and now if I never forget again to reopen the ones on the Sportsman again, I think I'm good.

tape them open.. or maybe glue a mouse trap next to them so it will snap your fingers if you ever decide to try to close the vents again....
gig.gif
I would forget to set the traps.

So out of the 318 eggs it looks like I have around 275 chicks. I sold 28 yesterday and have someone getting 30 today and another person getting 75 today too. That still leaves a lot of chicks. Hopefully they sell quick. As for vent plugs from what I have read it is good to keep them in the first week because the eggs like the gasses they put out the first week and then you need to open them a little as they put out gasses.

Back
Top Bottom