Second order from McMurray, DEAD

We received our chicks from MM on the 26th of February, they shipped 27 and 26 survived. The one that died had a tumor, not a shipping problem. We gambled with shipping in the winter, and it worked out for us with help from the post office. They all appear to be quality birds. Would order from them again if we wanted 25.

A little info on Murray McMurray. I received my chick a week ago (27 Jan 13). I ordered 47 total chicks of various breeds. I even went as far as to call my main post office hub and ask them to call me and I would pick them up whenever they got there. I received the call at 11:00pm on a Sunday. I drove the 2 hours round trip to get them faster to reduce the stress....if I had waited to get them from my local post office...who knows how many more would have died. 2 of the chicks were DOA in the box when I opened it. Later that day 3 more died. And the next day 3 more died. 1 day after that I only lost 1. Also, I ordered 4 Golden laced Wyandotte's...they didn't ship them to me. Their was a sticker on the inside of the box that said they said they ran out. Now keep in mind I ordered these chicks 3 months in advance. So there's no excuse for not sending them.

OK, now I have 3 chicks with crossed beaks and 1 with an eye problem. I will probably cull them tomorrow.

I would suggest trying to find a local hatchery around you and buy them from there. I am not happy at all with McMurray. Although their people were very nice on the phone each time I called...I believe their chicks are sub-standard. Be prepared to lose a 1/4 of them due to death or sub standard breeding.

I'm just sayin....lol

I did some research on everything, these are my first chicks, and I went with Cackle Hatchery. I e mailed MM several times asking questions, and their customer service sucked! My 10 little babies arrived at the post office on time, and stayed there in the warm, until I got there to pick them. I'm so sorry you had to open that box and see that. :(

Last October I ordered 25 bantams from MM. Got 26 + Mystery chick (regular sized Ameraucana which was a GIANT compared to the Bantams). All arrived peeping & lively. My Only complaint would be that most were Roosters (of the babies I kept).

I have a Frizzle Cochin, Sultan, & dark Brahma hens out of the original shipment. None ever died & the Frizzle JUST started laying a few days shy of 21 weeks. I was very happy with MM chickies.

I had 27 arrive very healthy from McMurray on Feb. 18th, all the way from Iowa to California. They arrived a day earlier than we expected. I went into my post office to introduce myself and give them a heads up, and asked them to let the distrubuting center know, which they did. I also asked McMurray to include a heat pack, which they did. I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience, how devastating to open a boc of dead chicks. I really don't think it was McMurray's fault.

I did some research on everything, these are my first chicks, and I went with Cackle Hatchery. I e mailed MM several times asking questions, and their customer service sucked!
Hmm, I called McMurray multiple times (I was nervous) and they had fantastic customer service over the phone. I didn't even have to give my order number, it was hooked up to my phone number and pulled up when I called. I called several times to ask about weather and troubleshooting and it took less than a minute for them to switch a RIR on my order for a Buff Orpington.

I recently got ducks from McMurray and all but 1 were alive. Later though we lost our two buffs and I was sad. We still have nine and they are the cutest little things

I ordered 15 polish of different colors. They were shipped on Monday (a holiday so no mail that day but...ok) and didn't get here until Wednesday night. I drove to the post office to get them and 4 were already dead in the box. 2 more died on the way home and another 2 within an hour of being in the climate control hutch I have for chicks. I lost another 3 that night. It's now Friday and I have exactly 3 remaining out of my entire shipment.

They told me they would refund the cost of the birds but not reship them unless they recharged me for them.
...................wait what? RE charge me for dead birds? Um no thank you.
Even though they took over 48 hours to get here and dropped dead faster than fruit flies. Hmm.
Meanwhile I've had great experiences with Ideal. But MM sexes polish. Sadly all the females died....hmmm. Most were wimpy and substandard upon arrival anyway. Lethargic and sickly.
Oh well. Live and learn. And stick with Ideal.

Back
Top Bottom