Second Time Hatching — shipped & backyard eggs

Pics
I’m definitely running into incubator problems with the borrowed on. It’s not consistent with temps.

Is this worth it? It’s the only incubator that I can get quick that’s big enough

Farm Innovators Pro Series Circulated Air Incubator with Automatic Egg Turner, 4250 https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...lated-air-incubator-with-automatic-egg-turner

So I personally had better results with the Farm Innovators over the Hovabator and Little Giant as far as styrofoam incubators go BUT when asked about incubators I take everyone else's experiences into account as well and Farm Innovators comes in under Hovabator overall so general consensus is usually that it's better than a Little Giant and Chinabators.
So this is my personal ratings on incubators I've used and what others have said about them. Pros and cons to everything of course and the only reason Brinsea comes in under IncuView is because of price point. It would probably be in second otherwise.

1. Nurture Right 360
2. IncuView
3. Brinsea
4. Hovabator
5. Farm Innovators
6. Little Giant
7. Yellow top Chinabator

So obviously there are incubators I haven't used as well. I've heard a lot of great things about RComs as well. I don't know if this helps you to decide or not but the Farm Innovators is likely better than the loaner but not as good as your NR360.

So in other words I guess I'm saying that if it's all you can get and waiting isn't an option, then it's better than the one you're having issues with but if you could wait I would put the money towards another.

So in other words I guess I'm saying that if it's all you can get and waiting isn't an option, then it's better than the one you're having issues with but if you could wait I would put the money towards another.
yeah, there really isn’t any other options. I need to transfer the eggs from the borrowed incubator and if I get another NR360, I would have 20 eggs with nowhere to go. Anything ( besides the chinabator ) would be better than a 14 year old LG incubator right now lol

here i was taking inspiration from you going big as my excuse to go big. My second incubator isn't even built yet. But that shouldn't take more than a day to assemble. I have read that the first 5 days are the most crucial days, even deaths that occur weeks later can be from the conditions in the first 5 days. Don't want to bum you out but fluctuating temperatures for 2 whole days is not good. What kind of fluctuations are you talking about?
Mine dropped to 32 for a bit but things seem ok.

Is the LG a still air incubator? I wouldn't be surprised if it gave uneven temperatures but it shouldn't really fluctuate. It can't be that bad and I wouldn't waste money just for the sake of it. You will regret it later on considering for the same money you could get a nurture right 360 which would be a far better choice, even if you can't get hold of one straight away

here i was taking inspiration from you going big as my excuse to go big. My second incubator isn't even built yet. But that shouldn't take more than a day to assemble. I have read that the first 5 days are the most crucial days, even deaths that occur weeks later can be from the conditions in the first 5 days. Don't want to bum you out but fluctuating temperatures for 2 whole days is not good. What kind of fluctuations are you talking about?
Mine dropped to 32 for a bit but things seem ok.

Is the LG a still air incubator? I wouldn't be surprised if it gave uneven temperatures but it shouldn't really fluctuate. It can't be that bad and I wouldn't waste money just for the sake of it. You will regret it later on considering for the same money you could get a nurture right 360 which would be a far better choice, even if you can't get hold of one straight away
the incubator itself wasn’t regulating its temperature very well. it was going up to 105 and when it switched off, would go down to 97 before turning back on again. This was after me already spending days on adjusting it just right. the LG incubator is 14 years old and I really don’t want to mess with it anymore. I’d imagine there’s a reason why my cousin let it sit in storage for that long. I’m not wasting money for the sake of it and I’ll hardly regret buying an incubator even if it’s good or bad. It’s not like I can never get another NR360. I’m working and will be selling some chicks, I can make the cost back.

This was after me already spending days on adjusting it just right.
We used to put a milk jug lid on the little stem adjuster, made it much easier to turn it just a tad. Still was tricky.

the LG incubator is 14 years old and I really don’t want to mess with it anymore
Good Decision!

We used to put a milk jug lid on the little stem adjuster, made it much easier to turn it just a tad. Still was tricky.

Good Decision!
Yeah...it’s touchy, to say the least. It has no concept of fine adjustments...only large ones, apparently. I had three different thermometers telling me the same thing: it was either way too high or way too low.

I did go ahead and buy the FI incubator and been staying where it’s supposed to be for the hours it’s been running. My thermometers are backing it up too. I would’ve LOVED to buy another NR360 but it just doesn’t hold enough and this was pretty much an emergency situation. My main incubator is still going to be Hatch Batch, though.

The new incubator is up and running. The eggs have been moved and the temps are holding steady. I have decided to dub it “Emmy” since it’s only getting its spotlight because it was an emergency situation

Attachments

• DF5DE950-88B3-4138-99E4-DBAF74675D8C.jpeg
    DF5DE950-88B3-4138-99E4-DBAF74675D8C.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom