Second try at hatching quails! (This time I'm sharing the whole experience with you!)

Day 10 candling update! Out of the 22 remaining eggs I took 2 out which didn't show any development, and between the good ones I have a white egg (premature) and I could see the chick inside pulsating and moving! :) I am very excited for this batch!!! I'll provide a new update on Thursday, which is lockdown day :) I am expecting them to hatch by Saturday

Day 10 candling update! Out of the 22 remaining eggs I took 2 out which didn't show any development, and between the good ones I have a white egg (premature) and I could see the chick inside pulsating and moving! :) I am very excited for this batch!!! I'll provide a new update on Thursday, which is lockdown day :) I am expecting them to hatch by Saturday
:woot Great news!

Hi everyone, while I wait for lockdown day to come (tomorrow at 7pm) I have a question I need to get off my chest.

my bator's instructions say I should lower the temps to 37.2°C as opposed to the rest of the incubation which was done at 37.7°C, should I follow them?

Hi everyone, while I wait for lockdown day to come (tomorrow at 7pm) I have a question I need to get off my chest.

my bator's instructions say I should lower the temps to 37.2°C as opposed to the rest of the incubation which was done at 37.7°C, should I follow them?
No I wouldn't lower it any.
I do not lower mine.

"If poultry eggs have been incubated, set the temperature at 37.2°C. Or 36.5°C if exotic eggs have been
incubated." This is what the instructions say

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190306-163146.png
    Screenshot_20190306-163146.png
    527.3 KB · Views: 11
I threw the instructions away.
:D ahaha, my incubator's instructions manual is like a bible, like 20-30 pages of instructions on how to do it correctly and it has worked fine for me til now, but yeah i think i'll skip over this bit about lowering the temps in lockdown, after all hens dont have thermometers when they do it :D

also, other question: currently it's just past the 13 days mark, tomorrow at 7pm it'll be 14 days since the incubation began. when should i be preparing them for lockdown? between 14 and 15 days or between 13 and 14?

Back
Top Bottom