Security light

Yes...I bought an entire roll at a yard sale for a couple of bucks. Figure it would block a little bit of light since it's black over top of the hardware cloth.
It might, all you can do is try.
Will be a tossup between blocking light or ventilation.
Once you get the window cut in you'll have to observe and adjust.

Yes...I bought an entire roll at a yard sale for a couple of bucks. Figure it would block a little bit of light since it's black over top of the hardware cloth.
This raises an interesting question. How much airflow does window screen block? I’ve spent the last 20 minutes researching and found answers from 50 to 80%. None totally reliable.

Still better than nothing. But I’d think a shade or solid block between the light and window (think “The Simpson” Mr Burns blocking out the sun
) would be preferable.

This raises an interesting question. How much airflow does window screen block? I’ve spent the last 20 minutes researching and found answers from 50 to 80%. None totally reliable.

Still better than nothing. But I’d think a shade or solid block between the light and window (think “The Simpson” Mr Burns blocking out the sun
) would be preferable.
Interesting...Guess I could put the screen on the wall of my run between the light and the new window. I have a bunch so I could experiment with it to see what works.

Is there a way to install a rain type awning so there is no air flow lost and the light is blocked out?
Not yet...I have to unfortunately take my entire run roof off and reconfigure it. I made a tactical error when I built it and now I'm paying for it so this fall/winter I will be removing the roof and reinstalling correctly....at that time I can probably put some sort of awning on. Until then I'm going to wing it as they say!! LOL

Not yet...I have to unfortunately take my entire run roof off and reconfigure it. I made a tactical error when I built it and now I'm paying for it so this fall/winter I will be removing the roof and reinstalling correctly....at that time I can probably put some sort of awning on. Until then I'm going to wing it as they say!! LOL
As a temporary solution you could literally screw some 2x4s to the wall, and use them to attach the cutout a couple feet from the wall between the new vent hole and the light.

Wont block the air but will block the light.

Bummer about the roof…

As a temporary solution you could literally screw some 2x4s to the wall, and use them to attach the cutout a couple feet from the wall between the new vent hole and the light.

Wont block the air but will block the light.

Bummer about the roof…
Thanks! It's gonna be quite a job since I'm a one man operation. Hoping I can get it done in a full day...fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom