Security Survey?

Nov 10, 2017
Inside a book
Hello BYC'ers! So, for the first time today I was asked to answer a security question. It was just clicking the 'I'm not a robot' box but this is the first time this has come up and it's happened three times in one hour. It's not a big deal or anything but it erases the thing I was about to post and depending on how long that post is it can be a setback. Or just plain annoying. Any ideas why this is happening now, so suddenly? And so often?

I learned it's pretty "iffy" when clicking on a pop up ... Got a pop up from Apple saying I had malware, to click on a link. The pop up was very realistic & looked like their website however, I instead searched the internet for their phone number, which I found, so I thought. Called the number and they wanted access to my computer, I don't think so. Then looked up the phone number on the internet, said it was Apple Support but when I clicked on the website, took me to another website. Now I keep getting pop ups saying I've got malware ... I just delete, pain but don't trust any pop ups not even it's from a reliable company. Did finally contact the true Apple, told they would never do pop p for any notifications. So be careful, very frustrating & scary :mad:

Back
Top Bottom