See any Roos?

Countrymama719

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 20, 2011
Fort Wayne, In
They're 18 weeks, the red one in the back or the black one in the individual picture are my suspects but I really have no clue, I'm hoping for at least one since they're out on their own all day.

92701_dsc00960.jpg

92701_dsc00958.jpg

thanks for the replies, I even ordered 5 more, will be 20 week old pullets when I get them, a month or two ago because I though I had 2 roos lol Guess we'll have a lot of eggs. I'm hoping they'll lay soon =] Any tips, we made a chicken door for them on the coop and they have nesting boxes in there but I'm worried they're going to be laying in the fields, how do I get them to do it only in the boxes?

You could put some fake eggs in the nests. You could use golf balls or ceramic eggs. I've only had 1 pullet not start laying in the nest so far, but she got it after about a week.

You have all girls. If you want a roo, check craigslist--this time of year a lot of folks are giving them away. The best way to get them to lay in the nest boxes is to keep them in the coop for a while after they start laying. A lot of folks get by with keeping them in until early afternoon, cause most hens lay in the morning, but you'll always have that one girl who holds it!

Back
Top Bottom