Seed Starting

I like to lay things out. I keep a spreadsheet to decide what goes where and now use it to track when I seed things as well. My 2020 layout (I move things every year).

View attachment 3447427
I never thought of using a spreadsheet to plan everything out, but I might have to use this for next year. I've used the Garden Planner in the past, but I haven't renewed the subscription after getting two years of gardens out of the year subscription. I've been planning by hand last year and this year, but keeping the measurements straight is the hardest part. This would simplify everything!

I have to wait for the next bit of sunshine to go check on my seeds. I have the pots in the (unheated) green house, covered with a clear plastic tarp to keep in the warmth from the last sunny day.

Next time I'm up there, I'll plant some more tomato seeds too. Somehow, 52 is not enough pots of tomatoes.
52 isn’t enough 🤣

I will probably need to can 55-60 quarts this year. I think we'll use just about every jar that's down in the basement. We use 1 a week, all year long, for spaghetti night on Wednesday. Plus we need tomatoes to make salsa; 20-30 pints.

I'd really like to be able to give a friend of mine about a bushel of tomatoes so she doesn't have to buy any to can. They aren't growing a garden this year; too much going on (health and other issues), and the last two years, the critters have gotten more than they have.

So, yup, I need to plant about another 15 pots, at least!

Got my tomatoes planted today, we did half & half: salsa hybrid and super sauce
F7F9582B-1B5A-48DD-978C-CA9A8610408C.jpeg

Then my kids wanted to do some flowers which I’ve never done from seed. We’ll see how it goes, we just winged it. They picked snap dragons, carnations, blanket flower and cactus. Wish us luck on these lol
26C1A428-9D14-4739-A156-3669E9603760.jpeg

I checked the seeds I planted up in the green house... onions are the only things showing any signs of life. We're going to have 4 days with at least some sunshine, so that ought to get the potting soil nice and warm.

I checked one pot this afternoon, and it was 77 degrees. :)

Back
Top Bottom