Pics
I’ve never done it, to be home neat i was going to go bag route, I live in Nebraska so I freeze the bulbs if they aren’t already on the ground. I’m going to send moist bulbs in bags and seeds dry in envelopes... open to opinions tho! Again! I’ve never done a seed swap!
Several spelling errors here, but you guys got it I think! ;)

Thanks, Capricorn! I don't know for sure that I'll be able to participate. Do you do this every year? I'm the garden coordinator for my high school (also why I am caretaker for chickens) but I'd love to talk to my students about sharing and trading seeds. We've been discussing starting up a seed library for families (we're in a low-income area) so this would be a great teaching moment.

It really is so cool that you all do this--gardeners are the best! :thumbsup

Thanks, Capricorn! I don't know for sure that I'll be able to participate. Do you do this every year? I'm the garden coordinator for my high school (also why I am caretaker for chickens) but I'd love to talk to my students about sharing and trading seeds. We've been discussing starting up a seed library for families (we're in a low-income area) so this would be a great teaching moment.

It really is so cool that you all do this--gardeners are the best! :thumbsup

I'd happily donate some seeds for your seed library... I think that is a wonderful idea! I believe that a seed swap has happened here on BYC in previous years but it dies/died down so Capricorn was nice enough to get a new thread started.

I just dug up some irises today to mail out. I have a ton of them lol. I think there are

IMG_20180226_151331.jpg

White/blue
Yellow/white (I think)
Purple/dark purple
Purple/pinkish purple

OK, let's all do a check in! Are we getting out and getting in the seeds we're swapping? Anyone need a poke or a nudge or anything? Anyone new with requests and/or offers? Anyone able to start providing starts/cuttings off their bushes and/or bulbs?

Sound Off! :wee

Still going to have a month of freezing and snow here. Waiting for green leaves to start on the black berries so I know which canes are viable.

My iris are under 5" of snow still. I have pure white too......someplace.......maybe behind the chicken run.......
I will find them and send some to Smuv. I know fall is the recommended time but I have had good luck with spring dividing.

Back
Top Bottom