Pics
Though both drip irrigation and hydroponics seem cheap enough to start, doesn't they both require a water faucet? We live in a 5th wheel trailer and don't have a faucet to spare, and if we are able to use the kitchen or bathroom faucet (once the pipes thaw) we would be hooking/unhooking the system at least a dozen times a day for dishes, and other reasons.
Hydroponics recycles the same water over and over. You simply monitor the water level and top off as needed. Depending on what you are growing, and how much water you are re-circulating, this might be once a day or once a week, but it does not need a constant water supply. The drip irrigation does need a constant supply, but, as someone else mentioned, you can put the water in a tank, and then gravity feed the drips from the tank. So, you could run the water into the tank when needed, and unhook the water from it the rest of the time. I know you said you are in the desert, but do you get any rainfall? If so, you can collect that and put it in your tank for the drip irrigation as well.

Thank you so much @WthrLady for the wonderful Package. It felt like Christmas morning over here when I check the mail! 1st The chickens LOVED the chicken crack! They literally came running when I brought it out a second time! They couldn’t get to “their dealer” fast enough! Haha I’m looking forward to the Indian corn and all of the veggies! So kind of you to send me such a wonderful package without wanting anything in return. If you ever change your mind I’d love to send something your way. Thanks again my fellow Nebraskan!

Attachments

• 09D04013-C99A-46BC-A2FE-707B4B841E43.jpeg
    09D04013-C99A-46BC-A2FE-707B4B841E43.jpeg
    447.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 196F07CE-6DF6-4BE2-84CB-E9D39B0A578A.jpeg
    196F07CE-6DF6-4BE2-84CB-E9D39B0A578A.jpeg
    492.1 KB · Views: 8
  • BC952480-22E9-49BA-B825-C1FB9B206486.jpeg
    BC952480-22E9-49BA-B825-C1FB9B206486.jpeg
    719 KB · Views: 7
  • EC3CA53F-BB3F-4EB7-B35E-E30192E1A466.jpeg
    EC3CA53F-BB3F-4EB7-B35E-E30192E1A466.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Thank you so much @WthrLady for the wonderful Package. It felt like Christmas morning over here when I check the mail! 1st The chickens LOVED the chicken crack! They literally came running when I brought it out a second time! They couldn’t get to “their dealer” fast enough! Haha I’m looking forward to the Indian corn and all of the veggies! So kind of you to send me such a wonderful package without wanting anything in return. If you ever change your mind I’d love to send something your way. Thanks again my fellow Nebraskan!

What is the chicken crack? I see it in the pics but am not familiar

@
What is the chicken crack? I see it in the pics but am not familiar
its a plant called sorghum, this was the first time I had ever heard of it to be honest, @WthrLady introduced us to it and was kind enough to send some! the ladies love it!!

Can't wait to see my goodies! Thanks Smuvers!

I've started hardening off my maters and peppers. Aiming to have them planted out next weekend before I go out of town. Cut down a bunch of bamboo at my neighbor's to make a couple of teepees. I love bamboo, and they love that I trim it for them. :)

Can't wait to see my goodies! Thanks Smuvers!

I've started hardening off my maters and peppers. Aiming to have them planted out next weekend before I go out of town. Cut down a bunch of bamboo at my neighbor's to make a couple of teepees. I love bamboo, and they love that I trim it for them. :)
Something to think about when cutting bamboo, it's SHARP, make sure if you cut it off at the ground that you smash the stump that is left with a hammer to shatter it. Otherwise, if someone tries to walk or drive through there they may get a spike to the foot or tire.

Back
Top Bottom