Seeking Info on new "Asia Black" Chicken "Breed"

This is the odd white toe most of them have in common.

The pics 2 and 3 above are the same chick.

Not sure since I didn't mark the pics while taking them. I believe that pic 4 is a different chick than pic 5.
The wings on chick in pic 5 have hints of red-brown coming in. There is another of them that has even more red-brown already showing.

This is the one with the most red-brown. Below are her wings.

Any ideas what I've got???
Can't tell at this point, if these ones are female sexlinks or if they are Asian Blacks.

I got all these out of the Asian Blue and Black container at tsc. My yellow one actually is the only one with one foot with a set of webbed toes and its other foot has 5 toes

I got all these out of the Asian Blue and Black container at tsc. My yellow one actually is the only one with one foot with a set of webbed toes and its other foot has 5 toes
I saw a few yellow but I didn't get any bcs the listing was Asian black (no blue mentioned) and I just couldn't get it to work in my head that the black chicks and yellow chicks were the same breed.
Your dark ones look just like mine. The bronze color on the one's face is the color of highlights that are coming in on the feathers of all of mine, some have a lot, some have less.
The one you have with the white on his head--mine with white spots are feathering in in wide stripes. Not BR type stripes. Wings have wide black areas with thin white stripes. One of mine with the white head spot is also getting a white chest with tiny black flecks.
@junebuggena has some great comments here on this thread about them.
All in all they are turning out to be very pretty and good tempered little birds!
I still have mine inside in my improv brooder.
I'll post some newer pics this week. Plz keep posting pics of yours too. They look to be 3 weeks younger than mine.
BTW I believe they originated from Hoovers hatchery based upon my research.

Last edited:

frow.gif
Could you post a picture of this one chick's feet?

Back
Top Bottom