Seems like it took FOREVER!!

Today I got my first full size egg!!! The other ones have all been small. I was excited. I was going to share it on facebook but I decided none of my fb friends would share my excitement like my BYC friends would!

Today I got my first full size egg!!! The other ones have all been small.  I was excited.  I was going to share it on facebook but I decided none of my fb friends would share my excitement like my BYC friends would!

Congrats!!!!:ya

We have gotten a total of 10 eggs now. It looks like both Easter eggers, 1 buff orpington and someone else are laying. I say "someone else" because the egg is a very different brown from the ones the BO is laying. Probably a RIR? Still all pullet eggs but the EE eggs are getting bigger each lay:)

I really want to make adorable little deviled eggs, but I bet since they say pullet eggs are richer in flavor, they would make amazing noodles.... What have you used yours for?

The first three were smaller than the ones in the picture. I mixed them all together and had scrambled eggs. Together they may have equalled a large egg lol. They all had yokes! Mine are all brown egg layers. I have one hen or I think only one hen that has laid a couple of times off the roost. Both eggs were broke. Maybe she's a fast layer as in fast delivery and doesn't have time to get to the nesting box
wink.png
Tiny deviled eggs would be so cute!
Congrats!!!!
ya.gif

We have gotten a total of 10 eggs now. It looks like both Easter eggers, 1 buff orpington and someone else are laying. I say "someone else" because the egg is a very different brown from the ones the BO is laying. Probably a RIR? Still all pullet eggs but the EE eggs are getting bigger each lay:)

I really want to make adorable little deviled eggs, but I bet since they say pullet eggs are richer in flavor, they would make amazing noodles.... What have you used yours for?

Last edited:
My kids are eating them so fast! I love the idea of deviled eggs!!
Looks like we have 5 girls laying now. 7 of my 14 ladies are the right age so I am anxious for the rest!!! We have a 15wk old who has stared squatting and visiting the nest boxes. So odd and fantastic!!!!

My kids are eating them so fast! I love the idea of deviled eggs!!
Looks like we have 5 girls laying now. 7 of my 14 ladies are the right age so I am anxious for the rest!!! We have a 15wk old who has stared squatting and visiting the nest boxes. So odd and fantastic!!!!

Ha ha i really need to find a job. I check nest boxes all day long! Our girls are all the same age. Only the bantam doesn't look ready. All the rest should be laying any time. My son wants to save the eggs forever lol. Maybe we will blow the first one out as a keepsake.

Ha ha i really need to find a job. I check nest boxes all day long! Our girls are all the same age. Only the bantam doesn't look ready. All the rest should be laying any time. My son wants to save the eggs forever lol. Maybe we will blow the first one out as a keepsake.
My 4 year old keeps wanting to keep his egg collection and to see the baby chickens inside the eggs. He is having a hard time understanding that there is no chicken until the momma sits on it for a while. He enjoys finding the eggs in the nest boxes though.

My 4 year old keeps wanting to keep his egg collection and to see the baby chickens inside the eggs.  He is having a hard time understanding that there is no chicken until the momma sits on it for a while.  He enjoys finding the eggs in the nest boxes though.

My boy is turning 12 in a few days. I think the excitement is universal. He wants to hatch every egg! We finally went for it and hard boiled a few eggs this afternoon. A couple were so small there was barely any white. All yolk! I made and sold aprons for a while. Think I may need to make myself a gathering apron ;)

Today I got my first full size egg!!! The other ones have all been small.  I was excited.  I was going to share it on facebook but I decided none of my fb friends would share my excitement like my BYC friends would!

Got 5 today! One of my RIR's had been acting like she wanted to lay for a couple of days. I was getting worried. She finally settled into a nest box and just stayed there half the day. She finally layed. It was an extra large! Her first egg and it was huge. Poor girl.

Back
Top Bottom