Self-Blue Cochin Bantams

Pics
Quote:
I don't think the darker chick is a SB. Not sure about the lighter one. The others look like the SB chicks I've raised and look like they'll be carrying blue legs, white foot bottoms based upon the color of the shanks I can see in the photos. A SB X SB should yield SB, but maybe they send a couple other eggs by mistake?

Quote:
Casey is correct. I don't sell chicks or eggs, and won't have any Self-Blue adults until next fall, assuming I am happy with the f4 results.

Tom

Quote:
I am no expert but your chicks look like my Lav chicks and the dark one looks like my Black Split to Lavender.

Last edited:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you both for replying. I am excited to see how they all develop. Awesome work by the way on the line that you are working on! Depending on how many of each gender I end up with on my SB chicks, I may definitely be interested in your SB adults next Fall.

Quote:
Mine are al doing well.
smile.png
I got more pics of my SB Splits I need to upload. I also am happy to say I have a few chicks that hatched with yellow feet/pads
smile.png
and they are f1s as well. The chicks juvies are looking like they are going to have nice cushes too
smile.png

I will upload in a few days
smile.png

Quote:
Mine are al doing well.
smile.png
I got more pics of my SB Splits I need to upload. I also am happy to say I have a few chicks that hatched with yellow feet/pads
smile.png
and they are f1s as well. The chicks juvies are looking like they are going to have nice cushes too
smile.png

I will upload in a few days
smile.png

Thanks! My month old chick doesn't have much yellow in her feet pads and not alot of feathers on her feet.
sad.png

My Mottled chicks, hatched just a week later have amazing feet feathers. They are like wings!
I'll get pics soon too.

I have been giving this some thought and figured I would post here and maybe Tom or someone could help me out. I plan to acquire some Lavender birds in the future to breed and show. But was curious as to how you would introduce a frizzle into the mix to get Lavender Frizzles? Would a Black Frizzle bred over Lavender be the best bet to do this or what would anyone suggest?

~Casey

Mr. Ree :

I have been giving this some thought and figured I would post here and maybe Tom or someone could help me out. I plan to acquire some Lavender birds in the future to breed and show. But was curious as to how you would introduce a frizzle into the mix to get Lavender Frizzles? Would a Black Frizzle bred over Lavender be the best bet to do this or what would anyone suggest?

~Casey

Yes, that would be the best way to add frizzle to Self Blue.​

Back
Top Bottom