self-blue pullet--what breed?

Chickies

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 24, 2008
Northeast Florida
any educated guesses on this one?
100_3644.jpg

i have one that looks llike this and i think ? it is a blue andalusian, mine is a roo and he is smaller than all of my pullets! LOL , he lays down and "fans" out and he is very smart looking !!!!! ha ha .
His name is ray charles.

Awwww I have one that looks a lot like that. Everyone told me Blue Andalusian as well.

Pic_13Jun242008.jpg

I am hoping she turns out to be a girl. She was my 'rare' chick from MMH. I guess you can't tell by the comb color and size in this breed like others, because all the pics I have seen of pullet Blue Andalusians have large red combs similar to a males.

Appears to be an Andalusian pullet. BTW it's not a Self Blue it's an Andalusian Blue. The difference being if you mate 2 Self Blues all offspring will be blue-if you mate 2 Andalusian Blues some offspring will be blue, some black and some splash.

BTW it's not a Self Blue it's an Andalusian Blue. The difference being if you mate 2 Self Blues all offspring will be blue-if you mate 2 Andalusian Blues some offspring will be blue, some black and some splash.

I thought "self blue" was just a color. I do have another hen that i'm pretty sure is a blue andalusian, and she has darker lacing and a dark head, whereas the chick i asked about has no lacing--I thought that was called 'self blue'?? (BTW I could be just really confused--see the "New Egg" designation!)​

Back
Top Bottom