Self-Sustaining Meat Chickens?

A sharp set of loppers will work better than pvc cutters imo, but I haven't used either for chickens. Though I have used both in the field.

I usually hang the bird from a tree limb by it's feet with baler twine. Sharp knife does the rest. They flap but it doesn't matter. Seems to help pump the blood out faster.

A sharp set of loppers will work better than pvc cutters imo, but I haven't used either for chickens. Though I have used both in the field.

I usually hang the bird from a tree limb by it's feet with baler twine. Sharp knife does the rest. They flap but it doesn't matter. Seems to help pump the blood out faster.
Hmm... I've used both and I think I agree. Though I also use a knife.

I will say I have some small hand pruning sheers that seem like they would easily cut my finger off. Never tried cutting through bone though.

Hmm... I've used both and I think I agree. Though I also use a knife.

I will say I have some small hand pruning sheers that seem like they would easily cut my finger off. Never tried cutting through bone though.

I have tried the shears and I think they would work if the curve of the blade was steeper and longer. The necks tend to pop out of the blade is what I have found.

I use these works great on turkeys and chickens
https://www.amazon.com/Browning-322...otNum=3&imprToken=2306988643190526|1510416547

brw-230.jpg

The only time I had trouble was a turkey that I had on the ground and he tried to move when I stepped too hard on his tied feet when I leaned forward. He moved forward a bit and I didn't catch his neck at the back of the curve but the front of the curve... still did the job in one stroke

Back
Top Bottom