Selfies with your ducks

Oh, they're even better in person. There's a flock of three fawn runners at the farm where I buy my feed, always walking closely together and totally vertical, like a duck-themed Diglett!
they are definitely fascinating. A big difference from Wobbles' little bod.

I can see how he'd be amused by that first impression of people seeing them for the 1at time. I was floored when I saw them on the internet. Amazing how humans can breed animals to be so different from their origins.

I don't believe that they were breed to be upright in the sense that humans changed them from their origins. They are from Asia and have been upright for a few thousand years. They are still strange looking though ;)

I don't believe that they were breed to be upright in the sense that humans changed them from their origins. They are from Asia and have been upright for a few thousand years. They are still strange looking though ;)
I agree with you on the strangeness. Weren't they bred over there with the purpose of running around in gangs to eat bugs in the rice fields? Could you imagine what they'd all look like in flight if they could fly?

I agree with you on the strangeness. Weren't they bred over there with the purpose of running around in gangs to eat bugs in the rice fields? Could you imagine what they'd all look like in flight if they could fly?

Yup! Although I wish I could pick the brain of the guy who looked at his ducks fumbling through his rice fields and thought, "Yeah, let's make them walk like people."

Cute pics (and video!!) guys! Here's me and my special duck, Nutmeg. :)

EEEEEEEEEEE!!! Nutmeg! <3 Is that a Cayuga?

Last edited:
Yes, she's a Cayuga and yes, about to get a duck kiss here. ;) She just LOVES preening my hair as well. Such a snuggle duck!

Yup! Although I wish I could pick the brain of the guy who looked at his ducks fumbling through his rice fields and thought, "Yeah, let's make them walk like people."

EEEEEEEEEEE!!! Nutmeg! <3 Is that a Cayuga?
oh man, I do the eeeeeeee thing at my zebras cuz they are so cute. No kidding on the runners. The upright carriage is human like in a kind of weird science way.

Back
Top Bottom