Sell Me On A Duck Breed

Pics
:lau you're funny!
Yeah, you’ll think I’m funny or just plain sick if my autocorrect doesn’t keep catching my fat-fingered typing of ducks. :oops: The U and the I are just too close on the keyboard. We need to find a better place for it. :lau I’ll have my own thread shut down by a dang typo. But then again, @sourland, @Pork Pie and @Shadrach will be proud of me, huh?

[This reminds me of the time I began working at a deaf school. The hand signs for the letters “D” and “F” were sadly very similar to a newly learning old woman. So, yeah, I shocked a few people! Luckily I wasn’t fired. :yesss:]

Yeah, you’ll think I’m funny or just plain sick if my autocorrect doesn’t keep catching my fat-fingered typing of ducks. :oops: The U and the I are just too close on the keyboard. We need to find a better place for it. :lau I’ll have my own thread shut down by a dang typo. But then again, @sourland, @Pork Pie and @Shadrach will be proud of me, huh?

[This reminds me of the time I began working at a deaf school. The hand signs for the letters “D” and “F” were sadly very similar to a newly learning old woman. So, yeah, I shocked a few people! Luckily I wasn’t fired. :yesss:]
The F is a decent distance away though:p

I've had Silver Appleyards too—bit heavier than I like, but extraordinarily sweet ducks. I wouldn't trade my Hailey for anything.
P1390899.JPG

what is your list? :pop
I didn’t list them because I didn’t want to sway people and I want to have an open mind about the different breeds. Also, I didn’t want anyone to think, “Well what’s she asking us for? Looks like she’s already got her mind made up!” You know!

However, I think I can go ahead and list the breeds I was originally looking at. My mind is not set on these by any means. I was only going on what I’ve been reading and these are not in any order at all, well, other than alphabetical!

Buff
Pekin
Saxony
Silver Appleyard
Welsh Harlequin

I had also seriously looked at the F/W Runner and Black Swedish. I have now added Calls and Muscovies to my list. And FWIW my list wasn’t supposed to grow. :barnie

I do find it strange that no one has mentioned the Saxony and I’m curious as to why.

Yes, i love my Runners too, but depending on how you define "pet-duck", Runners wouldn't be my first choice. Mine absolutely dislike to be touched and Curiosity would rather rip her leg out than being touched by me and be freed.
Bwahahahaha! This is the description of my Partridge Penedesencas. Weird, weird little birds. Good gawd! I can’t even look at them without them screaming. 😱

Back
Top Bottom