Sell Me On A Duck Breed

Pics
Oh okay. I was thinking the powdery Crumbles is what would be more apt to cake up in their nostrils and clump in their throats. Gotcha!
I am not sure, let’s put a dozen baby dux in a crate with just crumbles in one crate and pellets in another crate..

Then to make sure we have a control group we will put a dozen in a crate and feed them warfarin.

At the end of three weeks we count the survivors and see which is the proper feed to use

1583635187343.gif

I am not sure, let’s put a dozen baby dux in a crate with just crumbles in one crate and pellets in another crate..

Then to make sure we have a control group we will put a dozen in a crate and feed them warfarin.

At the end of three weeks we count the survivors and see which is the proper feed to use

View attachment 2045335
:thumbsup You always are so helpful, and knowledgeable...with all the answers, and I appreciate that about you.

Thank you for all of it! Really! Because you are full of it! :lau:gig

Just an FYI for you.i did contact the company of Nutrena last year about their Naicine (spelled that wrong I think) it has the more than the needed amount ducklings might need as they are growing. So you can give treats and what not without need to worry about supplementing if you don’t want to. If I remember right it was 179 for its rating. When I raised up my Welshies and Cayugas I only needed vitamin b for wry neck or other cases like that while on it. That was the rating for the whole nature wise line by them. That should be at most TSCs.

Just an FYI for you.i did contact the company of Nutrena last year about their Naicine (spelled that wrong I think) it has the more than the needed amount ducklings might need as they are growing. So you can give treats and what not without need to worry about supplementing if you don’t want to. If I remember right it was 179 for its rating. When I raised up my Welshies and Cayugas I only needed vitamin b for wry neck or other cases like that while on it. That was the rating for the whole nature wise line by them. That should be at most TSCs.
Thank you. I will look more into the Nutrena brand.

Oh okay. I was thinking the powdery Crumbles is what would be more apt to cake up in their nostrils and clump in their throats. Gotcha!
Just make sure they always have access to water when eating.
Thank you. I will look more into the Nutrena brand.
I know last Summer they were out of nutrena when I had some Cayuga babies. I bought a different brand of meat bird crumbles. it definitely did not have enough niacin. I started noticing leg weakness and had to start supplementing. I had kind of forgotten that I had a different feed. I have had really good luck with raising them on the nutrena meat bird.
I originally bought it because I cannot find Purina anywhere close to me but now I would just as soon stick with it. If it ain't broke don't fix it. 😊

I’ve l been reading along on all the duckling threads in anticipation of getting mine.

Stupid question time!

Is this bottle of Vitamin B Complex the same thing as NIACIN? You know, the kind I thought I’d get from Brewers Yeast?
5E5D8C83-B70B-421D-A878-F1E4A6EAE0D5.png

I’ve l been reading along on all the duckling threads in anticipation of getting mine.

Stupid question time!

Is this bottle of Vitamin B Complex the same thing as NIACIN? You know, the kind I thought I’d get from Brewers Yeast?View attachment 2046709

looks like the right stuff for dux to me..

68B37B6F-2317-44E3-BD8C-C0CFB5937076.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom