Sell Me On A Duck Breed

Pics
Kc only fly for a year and sometimes when you mix different duck breeds they don't get along. I have all khakis and I have never had a problem. And the reason its butt is crooked might be because its developing an egg.
She is September 2018 hatch and the others she is with are her broodmates. her Butt has been crooked about 45 degrees up and to the right for about a year now. During treat time she has the saddest eyes in the flock. She would give a Cocker Spaniel a run for their money with the sad eyes.

OMG. That stuff is as smooth as a baby’s butt...on the rocks! Yum!
Nooooo! Not on the rocks!
Try it warm in a Cognac glas: First inhale some of that beautiful almond aroma into your nose, then take a sip and enjoy the flavour explosion in your mouth.
Whiskey is on the rocks, but Di Saronno is best at body temperature, like an aged Cognac.

While you may think a noodle is harmless, in today’s environment it is anything but harmless.

One little noodle will leave a nasty break in the skin from the dux teeth. But couple that with the bottle of Corona setting on the edge of the table and the dux coming back for a second bite with his razor sharp teeth.

And the dux bumps the table leg.... WHAM!!!

and the Corona wobbles and tips over, you catch it, but not before a little splashes on the open bite from the last dux noodle.

The Corona Virus is in your system and in 16 days your dead...

Better shop for your urn now..
Tss, tss, tss! Those flatlanders in the north! Getting sick from a little bit of spilled beer!
20200316_223422.jpg

Wow! Really informative there. I’m gonna have to look up ‘pinion.’ I’m guessing it is something different than clipping? :idunno

Muscovy was on my initial list, but I culled them. 🤣 If everything goes to plan I will most likely get some at a later date.
unnamed.gif

To pinion is to actually amputate part of the wing.
it is permanent and unnecessary if you are getting large breeds that cannot fly.
I personally would not do that to my calls that can fly. I just clip their wings if I have any that are trying to be escape artist.
I cannot speak for Muscovy because I do not have those. I do know they can roost in trees which might be a problem if you are wanting to lock them up in a coop at night... so I see why that would be something to think about with them.
I would probably still just wing clip instead of doing that.
the only advantage to pinion your bird over wing clipping is it would be permanent, where clipping wings has to be done every time they molt and re grow their flights.

@WannaBeHillBilly did you ever get over your illness ?
Not really, i am coughing my lungs out since 10 days, tests for CoVid19, Sars, Mers and Influenza were all negative. Would i still live in TX, i'd go with cedar-fever, but there are no cedar trees here in WV. Even cough syrup with codeine won't help… 😫

Not really, i am coughing my lungs out since 10 days, tests for CoVid19, Sars, Mers and Influenza were all negative. Would i still live in TX, i'd go with cedar-fever, but there are no cedar trees here in WV. Even cough syrup with codeine won't help… 😫
Whatever I had was the same way. Had a bottle of that leftover from another time. Went through all of it and after 18 days of it I am happy to be back to my normal seasonal allergies .

Back
Top Bottom