Sellers selling ee's as Amercaunas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
The problem with that is being recognized by an asocation (spelling?) is not when it becomes a breed. Its a breed when the general public decide its a breed, Usually when the animal breeds true. An asocation can make all the rules they want but they only apply to people inside that asocation. The public knows the EEs as a whole as Amercaunas an that will never change. Just like barred rocks will always be called Domineckers even though they have been two different breeds for a long time... Public opinion always wins.

BigDaddy'sGurl :

Quote:
X2

I'll weigh in on the train wreck: with a link of interest:

http://www.eastereggers.com/

Oh, I just love the Easter Egger site! To me it seems the creator of the site is just having a little fun while at the same time teaching readers a bit about the differences between Ameraucana, Araucanas and Easter Eggers... the site even includes helpful links to help people learn more.
smile.png
Entertaining and educational... my kindof site!​

Quote:
"IMO"...well your "O" means nothing because you can't expect hatcheries, and thus feed stores, and thus everybody else to change their ways to suit the few.

I'd like to point out once again that the APA is nothing but a club, not the law.

Similarly, ask the AKC what a "Jack Russell Terrier" or a "Pit Bull Terrier" is. Oh, they don't exist. Nor does the Fila Brasilieros. I guess they may as well be "mutt dogs which carry the blue egg gene".

I sell Americauna Eggs. Clearly labeled Easter Eggers ! Further, I think my chickens look better than any APA standard.

65292_01-15-11_045.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
"IMO"...well your "O" means nothing because you can't expect hatcheries, and thus feed stores, and thus everybody else to change their ways to suit the few.

[This post has been marked as objectionable and is awaiting staff review.]

You've got to be kidding me.
roll.png

Just an FYI, the hatcheries didn't name the birds ameraucanas. The Breeders Club did so back in 1979.

The hatcheries were calling the birds araucanas or easter egg chickens.

And, I imagine this is one of the last posts this thread will see.

Quote:
and you are....? oh, nobody.

I think tornado8070 was referring to the Rules...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/misc.php?action=rules
Here are a couple of don'ts...
3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting.
5. No teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.
7. No Fighting. Taking a personal conflict to the forum is unacceptable. "I'm right, you're wrong" threads and posts will be edited or deleted.

Quote:
The problem with that is being recognized by an asocation (spelling?) is not when it becomes a breed. Its a breed when the general public decide its a breed, Usually when the animal breeds true. An asocation can make all the rules they want but they only apply to people inside that asocation. The public knows the EEs as a whole as Amercaunas an that will never change. Just like barred rocks will always be called Domineckers even though they have been two different breeds for a long time... Public opinion always wins.

It's like that with Turkens... I mean Necked Necks... oops... I meant Naked Necks...
smile.png
or is it Transylvanian Naked Necks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom